• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Picked up six shiny new 30-round 7.62x39 CProducts AR-style mags at the Chantilly Show Friday afternoon, loaded them Saturday and shot them Yesterday.

Or at least I tried to shoot them.

First hint that something was wrong came Saturday night while I loaded. Brass cased Fiocchi loaded fine, but steel cased Wolf had issues wth the last 2-3 rounds. Seemed like there was a lot of friction for those rounds.

Shooting my XCR yesterday was not good. The Wolf mags fired one or two rounds at most, then failed to feed or otherwise jammed up. The magazine would not feed the rounds at all -- the follower got stuck and wouldn't advance.

Thinking this was the cost of buying Wolf, I switched to the Fiocchi mags. Better overall, but many feed issues and jams. Rounds would nose-dive into the mag case (follower tilting?) or not get picked up at all. Some double feeds where one round would get picked up only to have another pop at the same time (this is possible?).

I have been using CProducts mags in this XCR for a while now, but they were 10-rounders. No problems. These are my first 30 round mags in this rifle.

I know CProducts will stand by their product. They have a lifetime warranty -- send them back and they will replace them for free. This presumes you do not live in MD, though.

I am no magazine expert. Anyone have some ideas for me?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I had the same issue, turned out, I had to tune the mags with a dremel tool.

Look at your mags from the top, is one side fatter than the other? If so remove the extra amount to even them up.

As a measure of precaution, I removed the firing pin from the BCG, and kept trying to load unload from the mag, dremel, and repeat until the mag worked flawlessly.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thanks. That will help.

I'm plan to mess with them again this afternoon. I plan on shooting all Fiocchi this time from all the mags and seeing which one have which types of issues. Then maybe Wolf. Also going to down-load the mag capacities one to two rounds each and see if that helps some.

Will post my results and take some pics of the feed lips for comparison.

I'd really like to get this gun shooting nice.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I wonder if the problem would be because you were using them in an XCR? In my 7.62x39 AR, both 30 and 10 round CProducts mags work great!

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I would also like to see the pictures. Haven't shot my XCR yet to know if there is a problem.
    One thing I did notice is the mag slot was not in the proper position to lock the mag in place. I notched one a little more to make it fit correctly. Seems the lower is a different depth in the XCR, if that's the right way to explain it. :sad20:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Here is the top of a Good mag, I hope this gets the point across.

Good Mag (Large).JPG

I'll try and get a half decent pic of a bad mag, so you will kow wat to look for. I am photgraphically challenged. lol

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    My mags all look "good".

One thing I am noticing is that the follower racks forward and back quite a bit. I had issues with the nose diving into the mag and rounds failing to push up. The follower got jammed in the lower portion of the mag and failed to lift rounds. No pressure on the rounds then caused a bunch to just fall out.

Maybe I need better springs?

I'm going to call CProducts and see what they say. I bet they won't ship new springs to me because of my MD affliction, though.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    An update for those who care:

- CProducts and I have gone back and forth on this a few times and I shipped all the mags back to them for replacement. They tell me that the first generations of these magazines are basically junk - they won't "fix" them, they just replace them. The honesty was refreshing.

- Likewise, RobArms (XCR manufacturer) says the first few generations from C-Products were "screwed up", but that the newest should do me well. I am hopeful. RobArms is getting burned online for the mag issue (not from me), so they want these problems closed, too.

- That said, I had to play the MD Magazine-Law game and go through VA for everything.

- And C-Products has been taking their time replacing the product. Today is the third time I was promised "they will ship today". But tracking info has not yet followed their previous promises.

I want these in and ready for the upcoming holiday. And needless to say, I want them to work.

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    An update for those who care:

- CProducts and I have gone back and forth on this a few times and I shipped all the mags back to them for replacement. They tell me that the first generations of these magazines are basically junk - they won't "fix" them, they just replace them. The honesty was refreshing.

- Likewise, RobArms (XCR manufacturer) says the first few generations from C-Products were "screwed up", but that the newest should do me well. I am hopeful. RobArms is getting burned online for the mag issue (not from me), so they want these problems closed, too.

- That said, I had to play the MD Magazine-Law game and go through VA for everything.

- And C-Products has been taking their time replacing the product. Today is the third time I was promised "they will ship today". But tracking info has not yet followed their previous promises.

I want these in and ready for the upcoming holiday. And needless to say, I want them to work.

I have had the same problem with mine. I fixed it with a dremel. They are pretty reliable now.

How can you tell the first generations from the recent models? So, when I go to get more I don't pick up the same crap...

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    An update:

Got these a few weeks back and have shot them a number of times. The short story: much better but still nothing like a PMag in reliability.

When you first get them you need to load them to about 20-25 rounds. It won't go any further. Shoot them a few times or do what I did and let them sit a night or two. Then shoot. You'll be able to load to 30 after the springs relax a bit. Followers do not hang like the first batch, but they still hang at times.

The mags are sized for 32+ rounds, so downloading under 30 is not required. I tested several hundred rounds, including Wolf HP and Fiocchi brass. Brass handles and loads better. But at the end of the day I still get dives and feed issues. Nothing near as bad as the first mags, but nothing I would call reliable in a pinch.

I've put this rifle down for a bit. It sucked up so much time that I am back to the ones that like me. Eventually I will sit back down and polish the insides of the mags to help the follower along and reduce snags. Then I'll do the other published tricks. When done, my spent (wasted?) time and energy will probably make these mags more expensive than anything HK could ever produce.

If I wanted to spend this much time messing with new parts, I would have bought a Lego set. Time is short these days; I hate spending it on stuff like this. :mad54:

In the end it is my fault. I heard an AK round in an AR platform would have issues. I went there anyway. So really, it's nothing I can get upset over. I'll eventually make this a fun gun to shoot reliably. It's got such potential, especially when I throw a suppressor on the front.

Feb 26, 2011
    Mags and C Products website??

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of any other mags besides C Products to use in the XCR or AR in 7.62x39...??

Anyone know C Products website? I can't find it.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom