• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Ok, so it's no secret I have been after a Mossberg 500 bullpup kit for awhile now, but they are pretty hard to come by.
    A few days ago I get a PM from someone who says they were looking to sell a bullpup kit and found my thread on MDshooters asking for info on how to get one. The man gave me his name and address. The price is lower than I expected for a premo kit, 200 for the kit and manual. I asked If he had paypal and he said no but would accept a check made out to his name. He then comes back and says I could send him a WESTERN UNION and he would cover the shipping. At this point he didn't even have my address. I know better than to send anyone a western union so I told him I would go paypal or a post dated check. He then sent me a paypal request for exactly 200. The man showed me pictures of the kit and booklet that I haven't seen on any google searches or anywhere else which is good. I did an intellus search and found a 63 year old man with his name lives in the city he said he does. And a google maps streetview shows an actual residence where he says he lives. So, do I trust this guy and pay him via paypal? I really want the stock and I am hoping I can get it, but I don't want to take too much of a risk with 200 dollars. I appreciate any input.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    thanks for the help FPS I might have to give them a call. I was hoping on getting just the kit since I already have a 500 and a mav 88 but I might just have to bite the bullet and buy the whole shebang.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Does he have positive feedback on GunBroker or another forum? Is he an active member of another board where you can check up on him? Bring your concerns up with him and give him the chance to prove that he is trustworthy. If your gut still says no, don't do it.

Deals too good to be true usually are, but it doesn't sound like the guy is trying to rip you off.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Hello Friend,

I have recently come into several hundred thousand mossberg 500 bullpups. I am looking for a way to get rid of some of them, as the government in my country wants to tax me on all of them. You could be the proud owner of several mossberg 500 bullpups. What I need from you is your bank account number so I can deposit some mossberg 500 dollars in it, I will also need for you to send to me $10000 via a western union money order to me, Calengor, Located in Nigeria. You will be getting several thousand mossberg 500 bullpups in return, worth significantly more than $10000 USD, making our transaction a net gain for you, my friend.

I hope to hear from you soon, my friend!

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    The "Western Union" is what scares me the most. The fact that it was even attempted.

yeah, that is a red flag. but if you can get a land line phone number, and if it correlates with the residence for which you have a google street view, and he has \feedback you can verify on Gunbroker or eBay or something then you might be safe. Might. maybe. possibly.

how badly would it hurt to lose the money?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Hello Friend,

I have recently come into several hundred thousand mossberg 500 bullpups. I am looking for a way to get rid of some of them, as the government in my country wants to tax me on all of them. You could be the proud owner of several mossberg 500 bullpups. What I need from you is your bank account number so I can deposit some mossberg 500 dollars in it, I will also need for you to send to me $10000 via a western union money order to me, Calengor, Located in Nigeria. You will be getting several thousand mossberg 500 bullpups in return, worth significantly more than $10000 USD, making our transaction a net gain for you, my friend.

I hope to hear from you soon, my friend!

LOL. Sounds legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom