• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    AR57 pics...projects almost done FIXED PICS SORRY

I am almost done with this project. After I got my bolt last night I stayed up until 3 AM putting it together. It is now assembled, and ready to shoot. I still need to do a few more things on it but wanted to put some pics up after last nights Balto. Co. meet and greet. I am still waiting on a couple of parts, still have to cut out the pelican case for it and my FiveseveN pistol, still have to attach light tape switch properly (used elect tape for the pics), still need to get a few more mags, and most importantly still need to sell my black FiveseveN pistol and get an OD green one to match the Rifle. Please excuse the crappy pics as my wife was not home and I had to use my daughters cheap camera plus it was starting to drizzle. Don't worry when I am totally done this project (Zombie box 8) I will post some real deal pics.

The green is really a rich od green but the pics make it look sort of brown.

Enjoy!

57center AR57 upper (pw arms)
    AR57 flash hider
    AR57 carbine buffer and spring
    Seekins billet lower #41
    Timney 3lb Skeleton trigger
    G and R Tactical premium Basic LPK
    KNS anti roll pins
    AR57 grip
    Vltor Emod Stock
    Vltor 5 pos buffer tube, nut, and HK style sling plate
    Vltor offset light mount
    Surefire G2 defender with Ultra bright led upgrade, switch, and glass breaker
    UTG Folding grip
    Magpul ladder rail covers
    Troy folding rear buis with Trijicon tritium inserts
    Troy HK style folding front sight with Trijicon tritium insert
    EOTech xps
    GG&G flip up covers for xps
    Magpul Pmag gutted and cut feed ramps to make a brass catcher
    ....and I am sure I forgot a few things

ITS EASIER TO JUST CLICK ON THIS SLIDESHOW MY PICS ARE F"N UP sorry

http://img13.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=hpim2434m.jpg

Hope you like!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    With or without the EOtech? I am considering irons only on this one
    To be honest, night sights plus a flashlight plus an Eotech seems like overkill, even if it's awesome.

I like how you made the brass catcher from the pmag, although I'd kinda worry about filling it up and having weird FTE issues. Maybe if it was one of those funky clear magazines...

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Very nice.
    Thanks

To be honest, night sights plus a flashlight plus an Eotech seems like overkill, even if it's awesome.
    I know thats why I am thinking about dropping the EO and saving it for another project. I was hoping to get some opinions on the looks both ways from this thread

I like how you made the brass catcher from the pmag, although I'd kinda worry about filling it up and having weird FTE issues. Maybe if it was one of those funky clear magazines...
    The Mag catcher that was shown in the pics only safely holds about 20 empty shell casings because they drop in different positions and don't quite stack perfect. That one is primarily for looks. Since I have 50 round mags I also have an identical one for the range except the bottom is cut out and it has a small removable canvas bag attached

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
    thanks

Don't the empty shell casings drop out of the magazine well?
    Yes, hence the pmag as a brass catcher

Pretty awesome. I'm not an Eotech fan so I say drop the Eotech and go irons only.
    Thanks for the input

thanks

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Cool, I have been going back and forth on these.

Need another caliber? na 50rds of zombie slayin goodness mounted up front? Priceless?

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    Excellent Build! I never thought about doing an AR-57 because of the Mag capacity. But, now that i think about it I guess you just approach it like the 30rnd mags... Buy it out of state and carry it home.

Again, Nice job!

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Excellent Build! I never thought about doing an AR-57 because of the Mag capacity. But, now that i think about it I guess you just approach it like the 30rnd mags... Buy it out of state and carry it home.

Again, Nice job!

Thanks
    And yes you just buy the mags out of state, they have have 30 and my personal choice 50 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom