• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION RELOCATES OFFICES TO BALTIMORE COUNTY

(Pikesville, MD) – Effective November 5, 2007, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division will be operating at a new location and will have closed its offices in Jessup, Howard County.

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division , which has the regulatory responsibility for processing purchases of regulated firearms, issuing handgun permits, and issuing licenses and certifications for individuals in the security and investigative professions, will be located at 1111 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, Maryland, 21208. The new offices are located in the former Maryland State Police Crime Laboratory building, adjacent to State Police Headquarters. The Division’s new phone number will be 410-653-4500 and the administrative fax number for command staff and the security and investigative businesses will be 410-653-5411.

The fax number for the submission of applications to purchase a regulated firearm and all firearms registration documents will be 410-486-6360. The business hours for the Licensing Division will be 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Division will be closed on weekends and on State holidays.

In preparation for the move, the Licensing Division will be closed on Friday, November 2nd, and will reopen at its new location at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, November 5, 2007.

Directions to Licensing Division: From the Baltimore Beltway, take Exit 20, Reisterstown Road (East) toward Pikesville. Travel approximately one mile to the intersection of Reisterstown Road and Sudbrook Lane. The Licensing Division is located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Reisterstown Road and Sudbrook Lane.

Hopefully this will not slow things down anymore than they already are now

http://www.mdsp.org/Media/press_release_details.asp?identifier=517

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I had not heard that and drove there for all of my transfers.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Crap, even furtehr away now.

But I can say that the Trooper that handles private sales of regulated firearms has been awesome to deal with. I've done two private sales of handguns through MSP and this guy has always been professional, courteous and nice to talk to.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    So I guess this means NFA paper work now goes to Reisterstown. That will make it easier for those who use CIJS for the finger prints.

Nice of them to tell the dealers. As of last night we didn't have any info on this. I told a customer that bought a suppressor he still needed to go to Jessup.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hey guys, this needs to become a sticky again and stay as a sticky until MDSP changes the old address on their forms or website. A lot of people have been misdirected to the Jessup address by the MDSP form or websight in the past few months and especially a lot lately.

MafiaConnected

Mar 25, 2008
    Urbana/Frederick
    uhhh...okay? So what does that mean for those who sent their stuff to the Jessup address? I just put my app in the mail today to the Jessup address because the form said so!!!

EDIT: I just read over in another post that it will be returned as undeliverable. F$%# I wish I would have known that before I placed it in the mail.

Last edited:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    uhhh...okay? So what does that mean for those who sent their stuff to the Jessup address? I just put my app in the mail today to the Jessup address because the form said so!!!

EDIT: I just read over in another post that it will be returned as undeliverable. F$%# I wish I would have know that before I placed it in the mail.

This thread was a sticky for a few months and only for a few months because we thought the MDSP would have changed the info by then, but over a year later and the MDSP are still not on the ball. :mad54:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    This thread was a sticky for a few months and only for a few months because we thought the MDSP would have changed the info by then, but over a year later and the MDSP are still not on the ball. :mad54:

And it's a freakin' internet .pdf file. You'd think it wouldn't take two minutes to scan and post an updated form! :mad54:

Our tax dollars at work...gotta love the effeciency!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom