• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Group Buy: Polish P64 (9x18 Mak)

J&G Sale is offering the Polish P64 (9x18 Makarov) for $149.95 if you buy 5+. What I've been reading on the net this is a great price for a reliable pistol.

Here is some history on the P64

History
    The P-64 was designed during the late fifties by a team of Polish army officers. The team developed two different prototypes called CZAK (acronym of designer's last names): model M (milicyjny - police model) and model W (wojskowy - military model). The two models differed in magazine capacity and external dimensions (the military model had longer barrel and 7-round magazine). In 1961 CZAK model M was chosen to replace the Russian Tokarev TT-33 pistol as the standard service pistol of the Polish military, police and government security agencies. Production started in the middle sixties under the official designation "9 mm pistolet wz. 1964" (9 mm pistol model 1964). 1972 saw introduction of minor changes to the trigger mechanism and shape of the hammer (larger hammer spur).

Users of the P-64 had pointed out a series of shortcomings: unpleasant recoil due to small and uncomfortable grip, small magazine capacity, poor sights, short sight radius and heavy double-action trigger. Work to correct these problems started in early seventies and resulted in a series of prototypes (P-70, P-75, P-78A, P-78B). Eventually P-83 (production version of P-78B) was adopted as replacement for the P-64.

Description & Function
    The P-64 is a blowback operated, double-action pistol. Although designed from scratch by Polish engineers, the P-64 is very similar to German Walther PPK and is sometimes described erroneous in western literature as it's clone.

Frame and slide are made of steel and the finish is blue. The barrel is fixed to the frame with the recoil spring wound around it. The controls consist of a slide mounted safety lever and a magazine catch. The safety lever has two positions: up for "fire" and down for "safe" and decocks the hammer (if cocked) when put on safe. The safety mechanism allows the slide to be operated with safety on. Unlike the Walther, the P-64's magazine release is located at the bottom of the frame, slowing down the reloading process. The single-column magazines hold 6 rounds. The slides locks back when the last round from the magazine is fired but there is no external slide release. Double-action trigger pull is heavy: 110-120 N (25-27 lb). The sights are fixed and set at a rather exaggerated distance of 50 meters. A loaded-chamber indicator is located in the rear part of the slide, just above the hammer. Grips are checkered black plastic.

The gun is field stripped by swinging down the hinged trigger guard. The slide is then pulled rearward, upward and removed from the frame. Holster with magazine pouchP-64 is a rather compact sidearm; measuring 160 mm long and 117 mm high and weighting 678 g when loaded, it is just slightly larger and heavier than the PPK but it fires a more potent round. P-64 is one of the most compact 9 mm Makarov pistols made. It's carried in a leather flap holster equipped with a side pocked for a spare magazine and a cleaning rod. A leather shoulder holster was also issued. Fully loaded with a loaded spare magazine, standard service holster and cleaning gear it weights just 930 g (32.8 oz).

http://www.p64resource.com/

This is what J&G is selling from their website:

These are Polish Model P64 (Official designation "9 mm pistolet") semi auto pistols chambered in 9x18 Makarov. Originally manufactured in Poland during late 1950s and early 1960s, as a compact and lightweight replacement for Tokarev TT pistols, these pistols were used by both Polish military and police. Features blued steel frame, double action trigger, loaded chamber indicator, and decocking safety. Comes with one 6rd magazine. Majority of our inventory was produced in the 1970's. In very good plus condition. NOT C&R ELIGIBLE.

ATTENTION: Firearms ONLY ship to an FFL holder. If you do not have an FFL (Federal Firearms License) then you must find one in your area to do the transfer for you, and you must enter their address as the shipping address on your order. Due to FedEx and UPS requirements, handguns ship separately from ammunition via 2day delivery for an additional freight charge of about $22.00 for one gun, $34.00 for two, $45.00 for three, $55.00 for four, etc.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info...-plus-condition/cPath/16_385/products_id/2453

The pistol will be shipped to Harford Engraving Service in Bel Air and I just received a PM from Jim offering us the transfer including MSP fee for $30. So its $150 for hte pistol, $30 for transfer and about $12-$15 we split the shipping, thats under $200 (at cost, I don't receive any broker fees). Basically, were getting the P64 for Under $200 OTD

Respond to this thread if interested, I'll call J&G and if we can get at least 5 interested and they have the supply were GTG.

thanks...FPS

ps...I just pulled the pics below off the web. they are not the same pistol and th pic below looks like too much flash but you get the idea

Attachments

• POL-P64-B.jpg
      POL-P64-B.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 675
    • polish P64 A.jpg
      polish P64 A.jpg
      19.2 KB · Views: 671
    Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have one and its a great little gun. The only downside is the trigger. The Double Action triggers absolutely stinks. Good news is some fluff and buff , stoning, and a wolf mainspring and it get into the "good" DA realm and into the amazing SA realm.

Heres a great site dedicated to the P64:

http://www.p64resource.com/index.php

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I guess in 4-5 yrs a few of them will be C&R. by that time you can add $50 to the price. I've never seen one local. Good luck in 4-5 yrs

FPS,

Your group buy is a GREAT deal. When people buy these they should consider that most places that sell them ship UPS next day air, and youll pay almost $50 in shipping for a single gun. You are correct, most places dont have them.

The shop I work for has 3 with trigger jobs done for $295.00 (we paid alot more for them than you are getting them for) So you really can beat what you are offering. Its a great deal. The only reason we have some is because I talked the owner into buying some recently.

I would also suggest asking the distributor if they hav spare mags. The mags will soon be scarce, so having a factory replacement is good to have.

You are doing your fellow MDS members a great service. :) I cant take part in the deal bcause I have one but I can still thank you for your efforts to help your fellow members.

Cheers!

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    FPS,

Your group buy is a GREAT deal. When people buy these they should consider that most places that sell them ship UPS next day air, and youll pay almost $50 in shipping for a single gun. You are correct, most places dont have them.

The shop I work for has 3 with trigger jobs done for $295.00 so you really can beat what you are offering. Its a great deal. The only reason we have some is because I talked the owner into buying some recently.

I would also suggest asking the distributor if they hav spare mags. The mags will soon be scarce, so having a factory replacement is good to have.

You are doing your fellow MDS members a great service. :) I cant take part in the deal bcause I have one but I can still thank you for your efforts to help your fellow members.

Cheers!

Thank you for the encouragement...I do it strictly for the love of the hobby and not making a $0.01. $30 tranfer fee is reasonable and splitting the shipping 5+ ways you can't beat that.

J&G sells additional mags for $19.95/ea. Perhaps they can offer an extra mag with a multiple purchase. I was going throw to that out later but one obsticle at a time.

FPS

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've been back and forth on this since last night. I have been wishing those things were C&R for awhile now. Yeah maybe, maybe they'll be C&R in five years, but I doubt it. Only under the 50 year rule. Then you'll have to track them down one by one on Gunbroker, like the CZ 52's.

Okay, put me down for one with two extra magazines.

As for the springs, do you think it would be better to get the three-pack from J&G for $8.95, or just get the one 17 pounder direct from Wollf for $4.29? I might get the 22 pound recoil spring from Wolff anyway.

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/PolishNF.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom