• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    DelMarVa is about 58 miles down the road in Vienna.

jbmabrey

Jan 27, 2008
    Wilmington, De.
    Reichy, thanks for the info on Alexanders-I joined and since I live in De. it's a lot closer for me. I also hunt on my cousins farm about 12 miles away so I can stop, shoot, and hunt the pm.
    I liked the steel shooting tables and the lack of other shooters. I belong to a club in Pa. and at any time you can have 5-10 shooters and it only goes to 100 yards. thanks again, john

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Reichy, thanks for the info on Alexanders-I joined and since I live in De. it's a lot closer for me. I also hunt on my cousins farm about 12 miles away so I can stop, shoot, and hunt the pm.
    I liked the steel shooting tables and the lack of other shooters. I belong to a club in Pa. and at any time you can have 5-10 shooters and it only goes to 100 yards. thanks again, john

Can you post some info here on Alexanders? I don't know anything about this place.

jbmabrey

Jan 27, 2008
    Wilmington, De.
    Here is copy of info I got from Jim. Club is located at

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=39.341323&lon=-75.825071&mag=1&zoom=16

Non movable steel shooting tables, movable chairs, 2 ranges roughly 100-150 yards apart-1 is 100-600 yards long, the other is 25- 150 yards. Both have multiple stations with 300-600 under cover. smaller range is in grove of small trees and they provide shade.

also 2 attachments with rules etc. You have to drive about 1/2 a mile down Alexanders road, turn into farm rd and drive same distance to 1st range. I know one guy who worked at vonnies when it was open who said the weekends were the only time there were any people there.

You must wear orange when you go down range to post targets and there is a chain barrier to put up with sign-shooters down range. Orange vests are provided in a cooler. I wear an orange hat.

I set up on 3 different benches with 3 guns and shot without interruption last Wed.

If I get a chance next week I'll take pics and post.

Attachments

• alexanders appl.jpg
      alexanders appl.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 332
    • alexanders appl 2.jpg
      alexanders appl 2.jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 244

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members