• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Anyone going?

Once again, my standing offer regarding use of a garand and equipment is on the table! Just send me a PM and we can set it up!

Thurmont Conservation & Sportsman’s Club
    John C. Garand Match

Match Dates: Mar 28,Apr 25, May 23, Jun 27, Jul 25, Aug 15, Sep 19, Oct 24

Sponsored By: Thurmont Conservation & Sportman’s Club & Junior Division #71114

Location & Directions: Thurmont, Maryland. From Frederick –Take Rt. 15 North to Old Frederick Rd , bear right and exit, straight to Hunt Club Rd , make right, come to “T” in road, make right, straight into TCSC grounds. The gate will be open, follow gravel road past clubhouse and past campers to rifle range.

Competition open to: Open invitation, but to qualify to purchase M-1 Garands, competitors must be a member of a CMP affiliated club. All competitors must have a notarized “Eligibility Affidavit and Liability Agreement” on file at the TCSC . A Notary may be available during match registration.

What to Bring: Any .30 caliber “as issued” U.S. service rifle, M1903 Springfield, M1917 Enfield, M-1 Garand, M1941 Johnson, M-1 Carbine. NO “NM” parts, glass bedding or similar modifications will be permitted.

Ammunition: 55 rounds (Course B) or 35 rounds (Course A) of .30-06 CMP ammunition

Beginning with the match of April 25th, 2009 the fee schedule will be as follows:

$20.00 Match Fee and the Competitor brings their own ammunition.
    $35.00 Match Fee and the TC&SC will supply 55 Rounds of 30-06 for Course B
    $30.00 Match Fee and the TC&SC will supply 35 Rounds of 30-06 for Course A

This is of course providing that we can obtain a new shipment of 30-06. In case there is a delay, you would be advised to bring at least 55 Rounds of M-2 Ball or equivalent to the match with you. If shooting a Carbine, most definitely bring your own ammunition!

Registration: Opens at 8:00 AM .Competitors must be at the range on or before 8:45 AM to participate!

Firing Starts: 9:00 a.m. , promptly.

Rules: Per CMP Competitions Rule Book.

Match Course: John C. Garand Course B (or Course A), utilizing the 100 yd firing line and NRA SR-1 targets.

Awards: Gold, Silver and Bronze awards for top competitors as well as CMP purchase certificates for all competitors.

General Information: Soft drinks may be available for purchase during the match. Bring a bag lunch or snack items and something to drink. It is recommended to wear loose, comfortable clothing appropriate for the outside conditions (i.e. sweater, hat, gloves, sun block). Alcohol will not be consumed during the match, if discovered, competitor will be disqualified and removed from the range.

For more information, Contact: Kevin Lippold (240) 288-8058 or e-mail at lippoldke@mail.nih.gov and Steve Naylor (301) 788-3800 or e-mail at ava1942@verizon.net

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I'm going to miss the one too. Family plans that weekend. I'm definitely going to the June match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom