What scope is that?

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    I have no less than FOUR Larue mounts:

2x "regular" Aimpoint M2 series mounts
    1x30mm like what you posted for use with a Leupold MR/T
    1x 1inch extended mount for use with an Accupoint.

I got the Aimpoint mounts "used" from the ARFcom equipment exchange. I would recommend finding used mounts. The gear is great, but the mfr is not that great.

The swap factor allows me to swap optics on the same upper.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    just ordered the larue 104-1 and a set of midwest industried BUIS along with a bunch of small parts. the only thing thats in backorder is the dpms spring kit. btw, i ordered from brownells for everything but the larue mount.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    That's the Larue right? Do you switch it out for other optics often? I sidestepped this issue by just building a rifle to suit each purpose, rather than try to make one work for many different situations. Now if I could just find some barrels I could actually shoot one.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    That's the Larue right?

It is. That is the LaRue SPR-E LT-139
    http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=40

Do you switch it out for other optics often?

Not really, but it does make it simpler to remove the scope when cleaning. ;)

I sidestepped this issue by just building a rifle to suit each purpose, rather than try to make one work for many different situations.

I'm in the process of doing the same.

I have a M&P lower that is getting a LaRue 'Stealth' upper that will become my precision rifle...
    When that kit is ready, the scope and the Harris bipod on the carbine will go to the rifle, and the carbine will go back to being a 'KISS' CQBR with MBUS sights.

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    Another +1 for Larue products.

I don't care if the owner dances around nekid while singing the hokey pokey, just so long as I don't have to watch...

The mounts he manufactures are top shelf, and the customer service is second to none. Great information, friendly phone assistance, quick shipping and I can't see myself without a few dillos around to pop tops...

Call them and find out for yourself.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Another +1 for Larue products.

I don't care if the owner dances around nekid while singing the hokey pokey, just so long as I don't have to watch...

The mounts he manufactures are top shelf, and the customer service is second to none. Great information, friendly phone assistance, quick shipping and I can't see myself without a few dillos around to pop tops...

Call them and find out for yourself.

Let me tell you something, Mark Larue is a friend of mine and a great American. All these jackoffs talking crap about him are just that, jackoffs. ARFCOM is famous for being a magnet for those types and if Mark is over there laying fire down, I am sure they deserve it. As far as ADM is concerned, I don't blame him a bit. Mark serves the toughest communities in LE and the military and is well thought of and respected. When a Special Operator or SWAT cop calls Mark and says I need something special, he will drop what he is doing and make it from scratch...usually at no charge.

If a 20-something little punk surfing ARFCOM gets his feelings hurt, tough shite. I see lots of advice dished out by those types and it is bad advice backed up by what, a whole 2-3 years of experience at buying Airsoft knock-off crap. I say go back to bolting your cheap-arse Chinese made bipods to your barrels and drink a talk glass of shut the F up! I resisted responding to this thread for a couple of days, but said heck with it. I know the guy and he is good people which is more than I can say for some bashing him. Out.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Hey Mega what rail are you running there on your Ar? (Yes I changed the subject cause there's no reaosn to argue about what kind of guy Larue is.)

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    Let me tell you something, Mark Larue is a friend of mine and a great American. All these jackoffs talking crap about him are just that, jackoffs. ARFCOM is famous for being a magnet for those types and if Mark is over there laying fire down, I am sure they deserve it. As far as ADM is concerned, I don't blame him a bit. Mark serves the toughest communities in LE and the military and is well thought of and respected. When a Special Operator or SWAT cop calls Mark and says I need something special, he will drop what he is doing and make it from scratch...usually at no charge.

If a 20-something little punk surfing ARFCOM gets his feelings hurt, tough shite. I see lots of advice dished out by those types and it is bad advice backed up by what, a whole 2-3 years of experience at buying Airsoft knock-off crap. I say go back to bolting your cheap-arse Chinese made bipods to your barrels and drink a talk glass of shut the F up! I resisted responding to this thread for a couple of days, but said heck with it. I know the guy and he is good people which is more than I can say for some bashing him. Out.

Not sure if you were busting on me or not, but I was trying to compliment Larue's products...

I was just saying that I don't know anything about him personally, other than his company makes the best kit out there...

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Hey Mega what rail are you running there on your Ar?

According to my receipt, it is a 'Midwest quad rail'.
    Bought it from Hal at The Armory in Annapolis, and he installed it for free.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.
    I'd eventually like to have a longer rail to put these on, once the scope and Harris bipod gets transferred to my precision AR.

Photo%20Library%20-%20130.JPG

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Not sure if you were busting on me or not, but I was trying to compliment Larue's products...

I was just saying that I don't know anything about him personally, other than his company makes the best kit out there...

Not you man, but definitely a couple of others.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

That's a little harsh. I don't know Mark LaRue, but I have seen his responses to others and how he treats others. He might be a great American, and I'm sure his products are top-knotch, but as the owner and representative of a company, his interaction with others has something to be desired. That being said, maybe I just caught him on a bad ARFCOM day (ARFCOM, for those unfamiliar, is waste-deep with mall ninja douchebags.) Frankly, I've stopped participating there, but I guess as the owner of a company, he may not have that luxury.
    Kev, your advice has always been spot-on... I'll take your word on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom