• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYRangers917

Oct 6, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    As the title says I'm looking for a MD legal AR for myself and only have around 800 to spend, after tax season. I'm not picky for features as long as its a good shooter and chambered 5.56. google has been my enemy as most of the rifles i find that fit my budget are not clearly stamped hbar. I know i will be told a hundred times to just buy a lower and build one but i'm not really that mechanically inclined (im an IT guy), nor do i have alot of free time, which is why i'd like an out of the box shooter, even if i just have to find an optic for it.

any help is appreciated

Ranger:party29:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Keep your eyes peeled, that price is certainly reasonable as low as AR stuff has gotten. Last May me and some guys from work each got brand new in box Colt 6721s for $775 out the door from a shop around the corner from the office.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    As the title says I'm looking for a MD legal AR for myself and only have around 800 to spend, after tax season. I'm not picky for features as long as its a good shooter and chambered 5.56. google has been my enemy as most of the rifles i find that fit my budget are not clearly stamped hbar. I know i will be told a hundred times to just buy a lower and build one but i'm not really that mechanically inclined (im an IT guy), nor do i have alot of free time, which is why i'd like an out of the box shooter, even if i just have to find an optic for it.

any help is appreciated

You can also build one for about 650-700 w/free floated fore end.

boltster08

Feb 7, 2015
    Belair

any help is appreciated

I am not a mechanically inclined person at all and I am building one as we speak. I bought a spikes Tactical lower for $150. Then bought a Del-Ton kit for $500 out the door. The upper (Barrel,forend grip, gas block) was already assempled making it 1000x easier. Only thing I have to do is put the pieces together in the lower(more like a puzzle than anything mechanical). Below is a picture of my gun just not actually assembled. I am working on the lower this weekend and it should all take 1 hour tops. I hope this helps, I was in the same budget range as you and I have spend $750 for everything in the picture. 20160210_163052.jpg

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I am not a mechanically inclined person at all and I am building one as we speak. I bought a spikes Tactical lower for $150. Then bought a Del-Ton kit for $500 out the door. The upper (Barrel,forend grip, gas block) was already assempled making it 1000x easier. Only thing I have to do is put the pieces together in the lower(more like a puzzle than anything mechanical). Below is a picture of my gun just not actually assembled. I am working on the lower this weekend and it should all take 1 hour tops. I hope this helps, I was in the same budget range as you and I have spend $750 for everything in the picture. View attachment 170844

I want to echo these sentiments. I'm working on an AR15 pistol chambered in 300blk. All told, I should be putting it together for about $700 including everything. I'd advocate the pistol build highly as it lets you use a non HBAR 5.56 barrel of whatever length you want.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Borrow an easy jig and make your own lower. I had jack chit in this build in terms of cost, that's why I wasn't sad when it was lost in a boating accident. $29 80% lower from tactical machining.

0FFD7705-334C-4CE2-A8AF-11FE6D8BE388_zpspx5cledt.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    We have some PSA Hbar rifles inbound in the next few days that will be sub $700. We ask are working on a new E4 Basic for 2016 that should be around $899.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom