• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Regulated rifle before 10/01/13, now banned for purchase for MD residents.

See one of the MDS Industry partners, or a local dealer and they'll point you to something you can buy.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Bought one when I saw the writing on the wall in 2011....but probably should have gotten an M14 of some sort. At least you can get "MD compliant" ARs now.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    But here's a good picture of a legal one here in Md...
    image.jpg

:lol2::innocent0:sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not only the notch, the barrel under the handguard is reduced diameter.

GI profile, not HBAR.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That 1/2 lb less under the hand guard is what allows you to effortlessly rake your rifle back and forth while it spits out hundreds of cartridges from its banana clip.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yep... This here state wants us all to have the slightly heavier and more accurate HBARs.

Remember the basis of the list.

They wanted to show that they were not against hunting and target shooting. Only those evil assault rifles.

So they exempted the "target" version of the AR.

So yes, they do want us to have more accurate firearms.

And BTW, the Fed AWB back in the 90s, made flash suppressors evil and not allowed. Funny thing was, match shooters found that removing the flash suppressor made the rifle more accurate. :)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Why is that?

6920 SOCOM is a heavy barrel under the handguards, even though it looks the same with the grenade launcher cut up front. It was made that way for the actual military SOCOM M4A1's, to meet military requests for a heavier barrel for more prolonged automatic fire. Whether it is considered legal in Maryland or not is another matter. I don't know if MSP has ever ruled on it or not. Without a finding from them I personally wouldn't risk it, looks too much like a regular 6920 barrel to the untrained eye. And unfortunately the untrained eye might be the one making the call whether to charge or not.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, I would stay away from any barrel with the M203 cutout if you are restricted to HBAR,

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    6920 SOCOM is a heavy barrel under the handguards, even though it looks the same with the grenade launcher cut up front. It was made that way for the actual military SOCOM M4A1's, to meet military requests for a heavier barrel for more prolonged automatic fire. Whether it is considered legal in Maryland or not is another matter. I don't know if MSP has ever ruled on it or not. Without a finding from them I personally wouldn't risk it, looks too much like a regular 6920 barrel to the untrained eye. And unfortunately the untrained eye might be the one making the call whether to charge or not.

If one goes to the Colt website it is advertised as a Heavy Barrel.
    Not heavy barrel under the handguards just Heavy Barrel.
    Now, for the same barrel profile BCM advertises their SOCOM barrel as mid weight.

So Colt 6920 SOCOM is advertised by the Manufacturer as Heavy Barrel (HBAR) and is legal.
    BCM SOCOM is advertised by the Manufacturer as mid weight and is illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom