• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My 10 year old daughter has been shooting with me for 2 years now. One of her biggest complaints is how uncomfortable it is to wear eye protection under her ear muffs. She constantly complained of pain in her temples. Unfortunately, it was a pain that she had to deal with... until now. About 4 months ago, I was out on a job with one of my co-workers. We had just met and were sitting there shooting the sh*t. Somehow, the conversation gravitated towards guns, when he tells me about a new product he invented called FullPro. I have to say, I was immediately interested. FullPro is eye protection that uses straps that attach to the outside of the Ear pro using velcro. After he flew back home to Texas, he sent me a couple samples which prompted me to schedule a range day with my daughter. I showed her the eye protection and had her try them on. She didn't say anything at first, but she did give me a big smile. After heading out to the range, here are the two things my daughter had to say.

1. "These things are awesome, it doesn't hurt anymore."

2. " The range wasn't as loud as usual"

To me, her second point was what really sold me. You see, when you wear standard eye pro under your ear muffs, there is a break in the seal. That break in the seal tends to let in at least 5-10 decibels. I never even thought of that until she said something to me.
    My main reason for writing this is not to give my co-worker more business, but to promote a product I believe in. My daughter has enjoyed going to the range with me more than ever, and our range sessions are no longer cut short because of pain. I highly recommend any of you who use ear muffs to take a look at this eye pro. If I had one complaint, it would be that they are not fog proof (summer problem). Other than that, I am completely sold. Hope this can help some of you who have experienced similar pains.

http://www.amazon.com/FullPro-Sound...e=UTF8&qid=1445053199&sr=8-1&keywords=fullpro

Attachments

• DSC_0458 (800x539).jpg
      DSC_0458 (800x539).jpg
      103.1 KB · Views: 230
    Last edited:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    That is great. I just asked my 11 yr old if this happens to him and he said yes. He never mentioned it before, but I guess we will be getting a pair or two of these.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Seems to me I would feel like they weren't secure against my face well enough, just kind of "sitting there". So every time you take the muffs off you need to undo them and that leaves you needing to find a pocket or a place to put them when you need two hands.

I've never really noticed temple pain and many people use softies with muffs so that solves the decibel load right there.
    The fogging problem is because you cannot adjust the distance from your face allowing ventilation at the top between the glasses and your brow. With regulars eyes you can have them rest a little more forward in your nose to allow ventilation. These have to be taught against your face because the Velcro strap is soft. You could probably drill a couple real small holes to ventilate.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    So my daughter and son have been using them for a couple years now. They are a great product, and no complaints about any slop. The lens fits tight against their faces, they don't complain about it moving around. My recommendation is to get them a GOOD pair of muffs. I bought a cheap one, and they hate it. With the glasses underneath it was a lot worse.

Regarding shooting with glasses on, my recommendation is to use soft ear plugs underneath. I have a bit of ringing from times when the muff opened up a bit when I was getting a cheek weld on the AK stock. The ringing seems to be going down, now that I have stopped aggravating it.

With the soft ear plugs, you get two levels of protection, just in case.

Good product, if you have kids they will love it!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Seems to me I would feel like they weren't secure against my face well enough, just kind of "sitting there". So every time you take the muffs off you need to undo them and that leaves you needing to find a pocket or a place to put them when you need two hands.

I've never really noticed temple pain and many people use softies with muffs so that solves the decibel load right there.
    The fogging problem is because you cannot adjust the distance from your face allowing ventilation at the top between the glasses and your brow. With regulars eyes you can have them rest a little more forward in your nose to allow ventilation. These have to be taught against your face because the Velcro strap is soft. You could probably drill a couple real small holes to ventilate.

Blaster, drilling holes was my thought as well. This is good feedback for them. I will be sure to share it with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster, drilling holes was my thought as well. This is good feedback for them. I will be sure to share it with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I messed around with this idea some years ago experimenting with cheapo glasses and elastic. I never did get anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom