• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    From the article:

According to a recent survey from Pew Research Center, 54 percent of African-American residents nationwide now see legal gun ownership as more likely to protect people than to put their safety at risk. That figure was up from 29 percent two years ago.

Not that I trust Pew as gospel... This is a great untapped constituency if they were told how the NRA helped found black charters to protect them from the KKK. Also, told we are not the boogieman but there to help protect them and help them protect themselves...

Last edited:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    An armed society is a polite society. Take heed Governor Hogan, Princess Stephanie, and the MGA.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I still remember watching that video from a few months ago where that older lady had a Hi-Point carbine and those punk-ass kids continued to kick the back door in, even after she told them to leave. Then you queue the Benny Hill closing music when shots rang out LOLOL

:lol2::party29::party29:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I still remember watching that video from a few months ago where that older lady had a Hi-Point carbine and those punk-ass kids continued to kick the back door in, even after she told them to leave. Then you queue the Benny Hill closing music when shots rang out LOLOL

:lol2::party29::party29:
    That was awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    How many applicants for concealed carry are minority urbanites in B'more? I bet precious few. Yet, a huge constituency of law abiding B'more citizens probably have G&S but not the knowledge or means to make use of it. Even more might have handguns for home protection but FSA2013 made it too bureaucratic, expensive, and time consuming to get an HQL.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    From the article:

According to a recent survey from Pew Research Center, 54 percent of African-American residents nationwide now see legal gun ownership as more likely to protect people than to put their safety at risk. That figure was up from 29 percent two years ago.

Not that I trust Pew as gospel... This is a great untapped constituency if they were told how the NRA helped found black charters to protect them from the KKK. Also, told we are not the boogieman but there to help protect them and help them protect themselves...

Actually Pew tends to skew Democratic.

Detroit homicides: 179 YTD

Baltimore: 214 (215?). By the time you read this maybe 216 or 217.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    exactly

Actually Pew tends to skew Democratic.

Detroit homicides: 179 YTD

Baltimore: 214 (215?). By the time you read this maybe 216 or 217.

That is why I do not trust them as much, even though this sounds good :)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If only every LEO Chief from MD thought like this!

"Detroit Police Chief James Craig says legal gun ownership in his city can help stop crime."
    Every? If even a handful of MD Police Chiefs felt like this we would be in decent shape.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    How many applicants for concealed carry are minority urbanites in B'more? I bet precious few. Yet, a huge constituency of law abiding B'more citizens probably have G&S but not the knowledge or means to make use of it. Even more might have handguns for home protection but FSA2013 made it too bureaucratic, expensive, and time consuming to get an HQL.

If I was a Baltimore City resident unable to afford a HQL, and a legal handgun, I am sure I would have an illegal one. There is no sane way to live someplace that lawless unarmed.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If I was a Baltimore City resident unable to afford a HQL, and a legal handgun, I am sure I would have an illegal one. There is no sane way to live someplace that lawless unarmed.
    Agreed. A gun would definitely seem to be a necessary survival tool for those living in the crime ridden sections of Baltimore. It is that or choose to be a victim.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

Agreed. A gun would definitely seem to be a necessary survival tool for those living in the crime ridden sections of Baltimore. It is that or choose to be a victim.

No need to do anything illegal.... A carbine is cash and carry at the gun shop. A Beretta CX4 Storm is what was recommended for home self defense while we were working on getting our HQL to buy the handguns. If you like the Beretta, CX4 Storm in 9 mm and get a 9 mm FS92 you can get that and the mags are usable in both. (The CX4 is adaptable to accept any full-size Beretta PX4, 90-series and 8000 series magazines (using optional adapters - in some cases, ours came ready for the M9A1 mags)) They sell a 30 rnd mag you can buy while you're visiting a free state (not in Maryland). I think they are also in 45 ACP as well.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    No need to do anything illegal.... A carbine is cash and carry at the gun shop. A Beretta CX4 Storm is what was recommended for home self defense while we were working on getting our HQL to buy the handguns. If you like the Beretta, CX4 Storm in 9 mm and get a 9 mm FS92 you can get that and the mags are usable in both. (The CX4 is adaptable to accept any full-size Beretta PX4, 90-series and 8000 series magazines (using optional adapters - in some cases, ours came ready for the M9A1 mags)) They sell a 30 rnd mag you can buy while you're visiting a free state (not in Maryland). I think they are also in 45 ACP as well.
    Except that long gun open carry is illegal in Baltimore City since it predates statewide preemption.Unfortunately you are more likely to need the gun on the street than in your home.

P. S. I have a CX4 with lots of high cap mags and it is pretty awesome.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Except that long gun open carry is illegal in Baltimore City since it predates statewide preemption.Unfortunately you are more likely to need the gun on the street than in your home.

P. S. I have a CX4 with lots of standard cap mags and it is pretty awesome.

FIFY :lol:

Did you buy the 9 mm version too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom