Palmetto State Armory buying a complete lower?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    So...as a Marylander, you can't directly order a complete lower and have it sent to a Maryland FFL....

...but (as per their explanation) you can locally buy the same exact complete lower from the exact same FFL?

:sad20: Am I missing something?

They had/have complete "blem" lowers for $129 w/free shipping.
    The site let me order, with it obviously being shipped to an FFL.
    Takes my payment
    then 2 hours later says order is "Non Compliant"?

No, I did not read any disclaimers or Md. specific "rules" on their site, nor do I know if any exist. I had a 5 minute window this morning to order one and did....and wrongfully assumed all was good.

Oh well...Screw them. :rolleyes:

Compliance <compliance@palmettostatearmory.com>
    10:07 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hello,

Due to company policy we will not ship any lowers to MD. Your order will be cancelled after 5 business days of this notice if not resolved.

If you are a FFL holder or an Officer of the law with the intent to use this weapon in the line of duty your order can ship, please call us to resolve.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your business.

Thank you,
    Compliance Department
    Palmetto State Armory
    211 Business Park Blvd
    Columbia SC, 29203
    P:803-724-6932
    F:803-788-7979
    Compliance@palmettostatearmory.com

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Just looked at another lower on there and all it says is no shipping to California, that was it. Sounds like someone is screwed up over there unless they did a policy change and didn't update the site.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    According to the email the sale will NOT be canceled for 5 days, give them a call.

OOps. I thought I mentioned that...

I did call them as soon as I saw the email, right before this thread was started.

They said unless I was an FFL, or LEO, I cannot (as a Maryland resident), buy a lower (complete or otherwise) directly from them.

His exact words were that I can only buy it directly from an FFL, not directly from them....which doesn't make sense IMO.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    PSA's policy is mentally challenged. Sure you can work around it, but why? The policy is just plain idiotic and serves no purpose, other than to impede the individual consumer. They acknowledge that they can sell/ship the lower to a MD FFL, who can then lawfully sell/transfer that same lower to any qualified individual.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Good god guys, I understand how frustrating it is but it sure as hell isn't PSAs fault. They are a business and have a BUNCH to lose if they misread or misunderstand a law. It's the day and age we live in with everyone trying to sue or blame someone. It sucks but I get their stance.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    JoeBob's has a pretty good selection (many options from Spikes) and will ship to FFLs here.

Engage also has plenty of forged lowers. If I remember correctly, these are around $120/each -- but you're not paying an additional transfer fee because it is their product.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Not trying to be a dick here, but I have several PSA items that make me happy and they have performed flawlessly. Knowing that they will not ship lowers to me directly, I recently purchased a complete PSA lower from The Gun Shop in Essex and helped both a local FFL and the tax base in Maryland. $200 out the door incl. MSP and tax. New complete HBAR with optic for lil' over 4 hunski... As frustrating as it can be dealing with Maryland's BS laws... PSA still sells good stuff and has pretty decent sales... regularly... I'm not pitching for PSA... just not letting the dumb sh!t get me down.:)

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Not trying to be a dick here, but I have several PSA items that make me happy and they have performed flawlessly. Knowing that they will not ship lowers to me directly, I recently purchased a complete PSA lower from The Gun Shop in Essex and helped both a local FFL and the tax base in Maryland. $200 out the door incl. MSP and tax. New complete HBAR with optic for lil' over 4 hunski... As frustrating as it can be dealing with Maryland's BS laws... PSA still sells good stuff and has pretty decent sales... regularly... I'm not pitching for PSA... just not letting the dumb sh!t get me down.:)

I am pretty sure I never said anything negative about their products...dick. :lol2: kidding of course...

I also bought a complete lower from Mr. Bob at TGS but they do not have them, and last I heard, they were trying to get more but not having any luck...as per their post in their IP subforum.

Can I ask where you got an HBAR upper for 200? Cheapest I had found for my other psa lower, was 289 minus BCG and charge handle. Time I paid for that, I was at 600. I'd love to have a 400-ish investment in this one.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I forgot to mention that Blue Fins in Dundalk sells PSA lowers, PA10 at least. They are also super great to deal with. Off hand those are the two IP's that I know can get PSA products. I buy from PSA because the price is fantastic and the quality is normally very good. Customer service, well, no comment. Never had an issue myself.

-Whitey

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I forgot to mention that Blue Fins in Dundalk sells PSA lowers, PA10 at least. They are also super great to deal with. Off hand those are the two IP's that I know can get PSA products. I buy from PSA because the price is fantastic and the quality is normally very good. Customer service, well, no comment. Never had an issue myself.

-Whitey

Thanks Whitey. I have dealt with Blue Fins also. Very nice people from my experience. Taneytown trip, twice, all but ruins any deal I could get there. I'm 15 miles from Blue Fins though.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Fwiw, joebob's has a polymer complete lower for 110, but I don't want a polymer version. And their next complete option is a $275 Spikes.

The ONLY reason I even attempted to buy the psa lower was due to its price point ($129) and free shipping. I am just wanting a cheap range AR. By cheap, I mean 500 or less, all in. That one could have accomplished the goal, or very close to it.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I was at the PSA store today in Mt. Pleasant S.C. and when the clerk heard I was from Maryland he said he couldn't sell me anything with a serial number. He had a list of about ten states that they would not sell any firearm to if your driver's license was issued from those states. I'm pretty sure that is a store policy to keep them out of trouble from not knowing every state's laws and from trying to figure out what is legal and what is not. Nice store though. Good prices on most ammo except.22 which was plentiful with most of it around .10 a round. Mini Mags .12 a round. 9mm was $13.99/50. .223 7.99 20 rounds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom