• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I didn't want to have this information get lost in the other ongoing threads about similar topics.

Just to clarify things for those who may or may not know and who may have an application in process.

A review by the HPRB is when the board meets to discuss your case WITHOUT you present. This means, unless you have mailed/emailed in a statement or additional information supporting your position, you are just waiting for the board member to review you application and all supporting documents and they will either vote for or against the MSP decision.

A hearing by the HPRB means you can request to be present to discuss your situation and why the MSP denial should be reversed or modified.

DO NOT ASSUME THAT BY REQUESTING AN APPEAL YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE GRANTED A HEARING!

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    It was clear from the confusion by some Board members at the July 21st meeting that they have no idea why they conduct reviews in some cases and hearings in others. I have an idea who makes that determination but I suspect it isn’t the Board as a whole. I think only the Board has the power to make that decision and that someone who requests a hearing, but is only granted a review has a good appeal issue. I believe the proper procedure would be to have the Board vote on the record which way to proceed. Maybe do it a month out so the people appealing can be notified. In a review the person has the legal right to supplement the record before the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom