• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    For each meeting encourage more interested people to attend and eventually they will move the location. Years ago the State held a series of public hearings about building a golf course on Fair Hill NRMA, a local developers bright idea, and each meeting had increasing attendance as the word spread. They moved the location three times to accommodate the crowds the last one was in a school auditorium, and as the crowds grew so did the interest of various political candidates. The golf course idea was scrapped. Nothing like some sunshine to move things in the right direction.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    There is a good chance I won't be able to make this one, but I encourage others to go. While frustrating, it is eye opening. If something changes I'll still try to get there.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Can't attend. Am having surgery the day before.

Look forward to the AAR.

Maybe they'll figure this out soon. Maybe MSI will have a conversation with the chair, seems like something they could get involved with under their official charter.

Nice crew there, keep up the good work.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Based on experience with other game-playing, I'd counsel those who think they will attend to email their intention in advance.

As a refresher:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=175143

The POC given there is outdated, and should be corrected. it's now jgoodman@dpscs.state.md.us

EDIT: It probably be a good idea to send your email with a "read request" - I just did.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I plan to attend as many of these as possible. Tuesdays line up well with my personal/work schedule.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well, our involvement could at least get them moved out of a dungeon, lol

I get the feeling that this is the first time that anyone other than the board members and the month's supplicants have shown any interest in their proceedings, and they are surprised and suspicious.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I get the feeling that this is the first time that anyone other than the board members and the month's supplicants have shown any interest in their proceedings, and they are surprised and suspicious.

Perhaps, but it is a public meeting and there is no requirement that you "RSVP" in advance. If you can show up, even at the last minute ...

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Perhaps, but it is a public meeting and there is no requirement that you "RSVP" in advance. If you can show up, even at the last minute ...

However, per the Open Meetings Act, it can be inferred that ,if they have advance notice of an audience larger than the projected space, they must move the meeting.
    §3–102.
    (a) It is essential to the maintenance of a democratic society that, except in
    special and appropriate circumstances:
    (1) public business be conducted openly and publicly; and
    (2) the public be allowed to observe:
    (i) the performance of public officials; and
    (ii) the deliberations and decisions that the making of public policy involves.
    (b) (1) The ability of the public, its representatives, and the media to attend,
    report on, and broadcast meetings of public bodies and to witness the phases of the deliberation, policy formation, and decision making of public bodies ensures the accountability of government to the citizens of the State.
    (2) The conduct of public business in open meetings increases the faith
    of the public in government and enhances the effectiveness of the public in fulfilling its role in a democratic society.
    (c) Except in special and appropriate circumstances when meetings of public
    bodies may be closed under this title, it is the public policy of the State that the public be provided with adequate notice of the time and location of meetings of public bodies, which shall be held in places reasonably accessible to individuals who would like to attend these meetings.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I can only hope that becomes an issue ...If it does anyone else can gladly take my place and enjoy the proceedings.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I'm providing that advice based on what they did admitting people to the last meeting. The next step is "The List" - if you're not on it you don't get in.

Gamesmanship 101. Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.

Do as you will.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I, along with others are currently working a coordinated plan.

Many of you know me, so I will let my reputation and record speak for itself.

If you wish to participate, please email me via MDS PM.

Otherwise, please be careful not to derail our well considered efforts.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Can't attend. Am having surgery the day before.

Look forward to the AAR.

Maybe they'll figure this out soon. Maybe MSI will have a conversation with the chair, seems like something they could get involved with under their official charter.

Nice crew there, keep up the good work.

Being discussed....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Do they ever move to Rockville?

Nope, though it has been a thought in the back of my head to see if we could get a sponsor to submit an amendment to the statute to have the meetings held in the county of the person requesting the review. Similar to how a review hearing for the HQL has to held in the appellants county.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

About 8 - 10 months ago, MDS members started showing up at the HPRB meetings and startled them. Those were fun times.

Then we took a break and it looks like others have taken up the issue, and perhaps now that we have a change in administration and department leadership, we can get some changes made in the operation of the HPRB.

Time will tell.

And I plan on being there on the 7th.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm providing that advice based on what they did admitting people to the last meeting. The next step is "The List" - if you're not on it you don't get in.

Gamesmanship 101. Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.

Do as you will.

Understood wholeheartedly...May I pick your brain at some point on the OMA issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom