• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Last week a regular Sunday morning shooter said he had some surplus 8MM next week. I was shocked on what I received. It was not several rounds but a can of 500 8MM on brass chargers in an ammo can that was unfamiliar to me. I offered some cash but he refused anything in return. The head stamp is 21RPR and 55 Boxer primed.

Attachments

• P1010120.JPG
      P1010120.JPG
      118.8 KB · Views: 947
    • P1010119.JPG
      P1010119.JPG
      166.3 KB · Views: 945
    • P1010118.JPG
      P1010118.JPG
      187.7 KB · Views: 946

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    Wow, awesome guy. Definitely take him out to lunch next Sunday.

I would also be interested in where the ammo and can came from. Looks interesting.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Bimetal casings??? I know brass casings is an alloy but I've never heard it termed as a bimetal casings.

I think you're right. I think I was getting it mixed up with some of the old 7.62x54R out there. That's what happens when you're a repository of knowledge like me, sometimes things get confused. :P

Been so long since I've been to the range with either I'm actually starting to think about selling some of the 18 Mosins and ten or so Mausers in storage just so they can see some use again.

Now I have heard though, that there was something funky about the older Yugo 8mm brass and you need to be careful with it, keep it away from semi-autos and such. I shot a bunch and never had any problems with it in bolt guns but I have heard it isn't the strongest stuff around.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Notice the carrying handle is off center. I bet it was designed that way in order to carry 2 cans in each hand. A lot of weight for an ammo bearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom