• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Nice rifle are you buying or selling? :innocent0
    Around $375.00 seems a fair deal. Sks's seem to go up and down but would guess in a few years they will be up to stay.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not all SKS rifles are C&R.

Especially commercial ones with spike bayonets. Impossible to date and they were never military rifles.

The older ones with blade bayonets are GTG as C&R because they were made in the late 50s to early 60s.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I won't repeat all the related messages, but as has been noted, the dating system only works for (triangle 26) Jianshe rifles. This is what I refer to as one of the "Third Front" rifles, meaning that it was made in a smaller arsenal after the Chinese figured too much of their military/industrial production was centered in a few manufacturing plants on the coast, so they diversified inland. The spike bayonet is a clue that it is a later manufacture.

While these are generally called, "Norinco" rifles, that would sort of be like us calling every gun imported by CAI a "Century" gun. Norinco (China North Industries) was a shadow company set up to export surplus and commercially-made arms made by a number of different arsenals.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I have one of these commercial Chinese SKSs, exact color stock and everything. Bought it from a guy at my work last year for $225. He had it in a poly stock but I un-bubbad it.

It shoots great, runs great. Besides not having as much collector value, they are still sweet.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I'm pretty sure it is C&R. Nice Rifle!

http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-24.htm
    Yep, it's a 1958. So definitely C&R.

Not so sure about that. I believe that an SKS built in 1958 would not have the three characters between the Factory mark and the S/N.

"Note location of serial number in regards to the factory stamping /26\. In 1963 the Chinese added the 3 characters which translated to Type 56. The positions are different than the early models. The one pictured on the left is from 1964 and on the right is from 1980. 1980 was the last year production from arsenal 26."

"The above pictured rifles are still a military contract as evidenced by the 3 Chinese characters between the arsenal stamp and s/n. Both these rifles exhibit late production techniques including stamped trigger guards, pinned barrels and spike bayonets to mention a few. If the above mentioned dating scheme of the factory 26 rifles were applied to these two SKS's they would be from the year 1957!! This is not very likely and that's why we can only apply that method of dating to the Factory 26 marked guns."

EDIT: Sorry - I didn't read all the subsequent responses before posting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom