• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    i can see that coming in handy for a real combat situation, especially putting out a mag thats full from a belt in a hurry.. cant see that being practicle in normal life except maybe competition shooting. but if you're at that level you know by the way the gun feels how many you have left. Cool concept though.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    So, how does this work in the dark?

I remember reading in some magazine back in the early '80's about the W German army allegedly loading their G3 mags with the last three rounds with tracer. (The G3 did not lock the bolt on the last round.) The tracers were supposedly there to give the shooter a visual indicator that they were near the end of a mag.

I wonder how well these mags, and their counters, would hold up to full auto fire? I might look for them if the USN SEALS or British SAS adopt them. (or even a regular army unit)

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Couple things:

CAA, in my experience, is a less than top tier company.

That mag they ran over was fully loaded so the mag itself was not taking the load of that truck.

The whole round check thing is over rated. The P-Mag window concept is a little more practical than this, but I don't pay extra for window P-Mags...I buy the regular. I have a few windowed for the collection, but don't use them.

focusr3

Apr 23, 2008
    I was in the marine corps. We would load the bottom with tracers if available. But from a tactical stand point it isn't practical to give away your postion.

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    Yea, that seems cool, but if someone breaks into your home/living quarters, are you really going to have the time to look at your mag to see how much ammo you've got?

I think not!

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Meh...when the bolt holds back you slap in a new mag...

And as for pulling on out of the pouch... You should be able to feel the difference in weight between a full mag and an unloaded mag....

More ****ing mall ninja shit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom