• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    The Department of Maryland State Police created a new Division in 2013. The Firearms Safety Act requires that the Department of State Police;

a) "Shall investigate illegal transfers, possession, and transport of firearms within the state, including the number and types of firearms seized and the best information available as to the source of the seized firearms."
    b) "On or Before December 31, 2015, the Department of State Police shall report its findings to the Governor and, in accordance with 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly.

So, what does the Maryland State Police and the Maryland Gun Center do with the 4.6 million dollars in state funding that was provided in 2013?

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/C...alEnforcementDivision/GunEnforcementUnit.aspx

Government funding is being wasted by failing to completely support the Maryland Gun Center. Gov. Martin O'Malley released a $222 million SUPPLEMENTAL budget. $4.6 million was allotted to set up a “Gun Center” that hires 9 troopers and 20 office clerks to implement O'Malley's sweeping gun-control bill.

If we analyze gun crime properly, it will show that straw purchases are not the problem. It will show that 15 round magazines are not the problem. It will show that sporting rifles are not the problem.

I personally believe the Governor's Office has failed to follow through on supporting and organizing the Maryland Gun Center because it will show the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 does nothing to reduce violent crime. I believe they are afraid to reveal the answers to gun crime for fear their window dressing will fall down.

The MD Gun Center is a great concept. I strongly support the idea. But, they have stopped short at properly setting up their analytical possibilities.

Efforts to analyze gun crime in Maryland is out of focus. Why are we not properly analyzing gun crime data in Maryland? I encourage you to contact the Gun Center for yourself to find out what data they are collecting to help us analyze gun crime trends. Please make inquiries with the Governor's Office as well.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    So, I read this post from "Jack".

I see Jack has all of two posts.

Not wanting to jump to conclusions, I look for his other post...figuring it just might be an intro.

No intro.

But.... Appears my new friend Jack is pretty experienced and well read. An understatement.

So, if "you don't know Jack". Google him. I'm impressed and appreciative thus far.

You go Jack! Thank you.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks, Jack!

Glad you are on the forum. Your experience and insight are welcome.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Thanks. If you have a specific question or something you would like my opinion on based upon my experience, please ask. I will be glad to give an honest answer. I can probably start a hundred different threads on this forum. I'm just not quite sure what people want to know.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    Contrary to popular belief us "extremists" actually prefer the truth. Your involvement, experience and voice is appreciated by this community.

If actions would have been taken to prevent criminals from doing harm to others I think most would agree this would have been good for the legal gun owning community. It is not in our best interest that criminals go out and shoot up their neighbors. As we all know, these laws will do nothing to prevent unlawful acts from criminals with little or no respect for life. Our 2nd amendment rights are infringed.

Feb 28, 2013
    Welcome aboard, sir. Glad to have you.

It's always nice to have insight from the other side of the thin blue line.:thumbsup:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    There's a forum called "Introductions" where most folks start by introducing themselves. Not sure you need one though ;)

Welcome to MD Shooters, stick around we need all the help we can get with experienced, knowledgeable people such as yourself.

Doesn't surprise me one but the state wastes funding on useless projects to hide their true motivations and corruption. A few of us spent quite a bit of time last year digging around on various aspects of the budget proposals and were constantly amazed that every rock we picked up had a snake slithering to find deeper hole to hide in.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Welcome aboard! I can't imagine having a better friend here on the forum. Your inside insights should prove very useful as we try to prevent further erosion of our rights, and hopefully recover what has been unconstitutionally stolen from us.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I was "on the fence" several years ago, having been a follower of the majority party here in Maryland. The best talk show host in the history of Baltimore (IMHO) opened my eyes. You may have heard of Ron Smith.

My hope is that Jack can open the eyes for todays fence sitters. Thank you Jack for you devotion to the cause of truth and the Second Amendment. I'm about to annoy my Facebook friends by posting your editorial again.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Welcome Aboard Jack! Thank you for the sacrifices you have made and the advocacy you perform for the second amendment.

This gun trace center is fascinating, and its something that I completely missed in 2013.

Mr H

Banana'd
    For those who may not be aware, Jack has been doing what he can to help protect 2A rights for Marylanders for some time.

Over the summer, he did us the honor of joining MSI leadership for lunch, and attending an MSI Executive Member meeting in Calvert County, where we learned a great bit about him, and what he has done for all of us (where he could).

I am happy he has chosen to join us here as well, and provide us with the product of his experience.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Welcome aboard! Your expertise and insight will greatly assist our members and all firearms owners in this extremely anti state.

I toted a 1911A1 on active duty, was issued a Top Secret Crypto clearance in the 60s, was OIC of a nuke weapons system in Korea in '64 and flew missions for NSA along the Cambodian border in 1969-70, BUT I cannot get a CCW in Maryland in 2014.

Lew--Ranger63 & Good Guy 176
    US Army (Ret-'84)
    Laurel, MD 20707

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Good morning sir! Glad to have you & your expertise on board with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom