• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    In a desperate attempt to get votes from the pro-2A community, John Bohanan put out a press release that he's going to form/lead a "task force" to investigate putting a "world class gun range" in St. Mary's County.

We've heard this story before and he's even suggested stupid things in the past, like trying to give a local private club control over the base indoor range, etc. His mouth is writing checks his Legislative ability can't cash.

This is clearly a naked attempt to buy votes, announced just a month prior to the election. John's good at announcing "studies," like the one he was going to get on a Solomon's bridge replacement (whose funds were halved almost immediately after John made the promise), but he is short on delivery.

If you'd like to show up to ask John some hard questions at his press conference, here are the details:

WHAT: Announcement of Gun Range Task Force creation
    WHERE: in front of the Chesapeake Building
    41770 Baldridge Street
    Leonardtown, MD 20650 - 0653

WHEN: Friday, October 3, 2014
    begins at 10:00 a.m.

He just put this out late yesterday, so I know it is short notice, but if you can come out and let him know us po dumb shooting rednecks down here in SOMD can't be bought with empty promises of task forces, please do.

This is the king of pandering politics and empty photo opportunity events for which John is infamous.

Irons

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Read this too late this morning or I would have taken off work for it. When it make Southern Maryland News Net, Baynet or anything else we need to hit the comments section like crazy.

John Bo Gotta Go

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I wonder if this is another panel like the one Bohanan asked for during SB281 hearings. He wanted an advisory panel and was given a short list of subject matter experts he could tap for input on the issues. That was the first and Last time any of the members ever heard from Johnny Bo. Me thinks that he thinks we are stupid. Incidentally, he had already tried to pimp SLSC to take on the operation of the Navy indoor range right after SB281 was passed. This is the scumbag that the NRA is endorsing. Pardon me while I puke. Bo-gotta-go.

Last edited:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Me thinks he thinks we are stupid.

Carefully defining "we" as the great, uneducated, uninformed, uncaring masses, I tend to agree with him. Most non-gun owners may look at this and ask what gun owners have to complain about. BOH is looking out for gun owners. He even says so.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I wonder if this is another panel like the one Bohanan asked for during SB281 hearings. He wanted an advisory panel and was given a short list of subject matter experts he could tap for input on the issues. That was the first and Last time any of the members ever heard from Johnny Bo.

That is exactly what he is trying to do, to use this task force to create political cover for his failure to support us in the fight against SB281. Sheriff Tim Cameron and Commissioner Danny Morris are well-intentioned and genuine in their desire for a new range-complex in SoMD, but I fear that they are being used by John Bohanan in this case.

I received the attached e-mail inviting me to be on the "task force" only 1 hr 41 minutes prior to the event (I had prior commitments or I would have shown-up to help Deb Rey ask him some tough questions). That extremely short notice shows that this "task force" is a sham.:sad20:

Me thinks he thinks we are stupid.

He may well be right. I guess that we'll know for sure on the evening of November 4th depending upon whether or not Deb Rey is elected to replace him.:fingerscrossed:

hitwtom said:
    When it make Southern Maryland News Net, Baynet or anything else we need to hit the comments section like crazy.

The following is a list of various local media outlets -- we need to take the initiative in writing to them. We hope to create a broadly-based information campaign in support of Pro-2A candidates in southern Maryland -- please write them to make our voices be heard. It is nice to post on MDShooters but we're just preaching to the choir here:

The Enterprise
    Letters to be considered for the Friday edition must be received by 9 a.m. Wednesday. To be considered for the Wednesday edition, letters must be received by 9 a.m. Monday. Fax letters to 301-737-1665, mail them to Letters to the editor, P.O. Box 700, Lexington Park, MD 20653, or e-mail them to rboyd@somdnews.com.

Southern Maryland News Net
    Submit letters via e-mail to here:
    news@smnewsnet.com or to John Douglass at john@smnewsnet.com <john@smnewsnet.com> or Donna James at donna@smnewsnet.com <donna@smnewsnet.com>
    Letters are shown here: http://smnewsnet.com/archives/category/opinions/letters/

The County Times
    E-mail your letters to: angiekalnasy@countytimes.net

SoMD.com Community Forums -- Easy to use with publication guaranteed, but with limited exposure.
    http://forums.somd.com/forums/8-Life-in-Southern-Maryland

Attachments

• Offer #2 from John Bohanan.JPG
      Offer #2 from John Bohanan.JPG
      25.8 KB · Views: 251

Brian Hastings

Known Miscreant
    Jun 20, 2012
    38.253883, -76.470756
    I actually went to the "task force preparation to make a study" announcement. Pure photo op. They figured that the gubmint would pay to make the range along with some mysterious private donors. There was no plan for how it would be paid for in the out years. Sounds precarious to me.

In the past I've seen the local constabulary slowly take over a public range when it turned out that they were the ones paying for it.

Todd Morgan, Tim Cameron, Danny Morris, and John Bo were asked if they were members of Sanners. They all said no, they could never get in, which means they weren't on the waiting list.

Bottom line: Pure theater to get the photo. Vote for Deb.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I actually went to the "task force preparation to make a study" announcement. Pure photo op. They figured that the gubmint would pay to make the range along with some mysterious private donors. There was no plan for how it would be paid for in the out years. Sounds precarious to me.

In the past I've seen the local constabulary slowly take over a public range when it turned out that they were the ones paying for it.

Todd Morgan, Tim Cameron, Danny Morris, and John Bo were asked if they were members of Sanners. They all said no, they could never get in, which means they weren't on the waiting list.

Bottom line: Pure theater to get the photo. Vote for Deb.

Funny how they neglected to include the NRA in their little panel. Someone should tell them that they should talk to the Nation's experts on ranges before they go and piss away any of the taxpayers money on this obvious political ploy to make John Bo look like a 2A supporter. Shame on Morgan, Cameron, and Morris for being a party to Johnny Bo's scam. I wonder if the rest of the So. MD Delegation knew about this prior to the press release. How about the Folks at Pax/NDW who own and run the range at the NAS. Were they informed in advance? Was this addressed to all the Co. Commissioners in advance? Lots to ponder.

Last edited:
    Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Amazing! This Morning Emptyprise has a front page article:
    Gun Range proposed for police, public.
    Sanner's Lake shooting club declines invitation to serve on project task force.

What a crock of feces. The article was written by and obvious shill for Johnny Bo. Link here.

Time to write a few more letters. This is nothing less than 11th hour BS politics.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    What kind of BS did John Bo use to get the sheriff and county commissioners (with an R next to their name) to be a part of this scam? :shrug:

Jul 1, 2012
    I could be wrong but wasn't the range on base (Gate 2) built specifically so it could provide training to the NDW - and thus is heavily utilized already? I haven't been over there (being a civvie) - from the link below it's a really nice setup, but range is only 25m (80') and it's indoors so no room for expansion. I shudder to think what the "push the bullet sideways" crowd would do to it.

Regardless, it seems unrealistic to suppose the Navy would give up that facility - one of the few in its class in the entire NDW that cost a crap-ton to build - and move fences/gates/security around to accommodate this pipe dream.

Then again stranger things have happened around here. The way the article is slanted makes it seem like the Navy is indeed interested in unloading it though - what's the real scoop? or is this just JoBo thought projection?

http://www.patriotrange.com/static.asp?path=199

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Funny how no one from the base is ever around when they talk about giving away their range...

Does that tell you anything?

GREAT letter to the editor from HelmetMike on JohnBoh's slow-roll of us on SB281 in this Enterprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom