• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rfrazier202

Sep 20, 2013
    Ok, so I know... actually, I don't know, but I've always been told that when you travel to the range, you need to keep the weapon and ammo separate. IE: Firearm in the trunk, ammo in the glove box.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Is this true or a bunch of horseshit? (I've always done it just to be safe)

2) I ride a sport-bike. Usually I carry my portfolio, gym shoes, rain gear in a backpack everywhere. Is there any way I can go to the range on my bike with my gun and ammo in my backpack? If it matters, the backpack has separate zipping compartments.

Thanks all!

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    And what about those of us that can not afford a bike or car and have to take public transportation?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I keep the ammo in the backpack, and the gun in a hard case in a different compartment of the backpack.

If I've got the saddle-bags on, I put the gun in one and the ammo in the other.

I have yet to grow the balls to transport an AK in this manner.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Pistol cased or holstered. Bullets not in gun. They can be in a magazine. Ammo and gun can also be in the same case or bag.

I always camouflage long guns, usually in a tent bag. But I don't believe you have to.

In the 80 ' s in Virginia I used to carry my rifle slung on my back. We never even thought twice about it

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Unloaded Handgun in an enclosed case or holster.

Rifle cased, to prevent prying eyes. Local ordinances in rockville, baltimore, and leonardtown require long guns to be cased.

Ammo and magazines in a place that can not make contact with said firearms.

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    do not carry your ammo in the glove box never no way. the police, me for 40 yrs, will not look kindly on that. i have a vespa scooter and if i couldnt carry, i would put ther unloaded fireearm under ther seat and the ammo on thr rear carrier with a bungee cord in some kind of bag, even a paper bag, that way ther two are seperate and the intent is satisfied. as it is i just carry under my shirt. sorry folks after 40 yrs of policing i getg a coulple of perks

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013

Attachments

• IMG_0403.jpg
      IMG_0403.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 155

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    If you need a little more length try a guitar soft case. Less than $20 most places.

Attachments

• soft case 2.jpg
      soft case 2.jpg
      18.3 KB · Views: 128
    • soft case.jpg
      soft case.jpg
      16.9 KB · Views: 131

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members