Glade Valley Sporting Goods still in business?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carpentermatt

Feb 9, 2009
    I have a suppressor being transferred at Glade Valley and no one answers the phone. No answering machine, website isn't online anymore, don't have an email address for them. Anyone know what's going on or how to get ahold of them?

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I go by there periodically. Rarely open when I do but will make a note of their hours and post the next time I'm past.

--
    Shamr0ck

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I live just around the corner and they are still open. However, their hours are very sporadic. They are open usually Tuesday evening and a couple of hours on Saturday. Since I drive by there every Saturday it is seeming more and more it is now just a couple of Saturday's a month.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    if there hours are like there customer service when I was there twice with cash and was prepared to spend 2grand and have a parts kit built,good luck,there is a reason why some don't do well in business.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I have a suppressor being transferred at Glade Valley and no one answers the phone. No answering machine, website isn't online anymore, don't have an email address for them. Anyone know what's going on or how to get ahold of them?

He is closing his shop. I believe he has moved his license to his house. I dont know how to contact him though.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's unfortunate. It was interesting retail space with nice people. I would pick up something whenever I visited even if they didn't have a firearm I was searching for. I think Gunrunners will continue to survive in Frederick. Do wonder about the Gun Center though.

carpentermatt

Feb 9, 2009
    Thanks for the info.I drove by this evening and they definitely are closing up shop. Shelves are empty and it looks deserted. I left a message with the car repair shop in the back of the building to pass on to Richard.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I think they are in a transition for the good, working through a new store front, but I don't want to speak out of bounds, nor start false rumors. If I remember I will double check and confirm on Monday prior to saying anything else. I also think they will solely be gunsmithing and suppressors, not firearm sales.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    "Frederick Arsenal" is the new Business name. Richard moved his license to his house and is only doing longgun transfer and class3 transfers. I will try and get the new number for you.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was in the same boat last week. I'm shopping around for cans and I wanted to talk to Glade Valley since they are 10 minutes from home...no luck. If I were a business owner and I was changing locations it seems like basic steps such as keeping an old web site active during transition or forwarding phone calls to a new number would be pretty basic. Heck a hand written sign on the door would work, especially if people are waiting months on end for an NFA item.

That said, I stopped by Engage to look at cans twice and Austin and Andy were huge help showing me different makes and models!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I was in the same boat last week. I'm shopping around for cans and I wanted to talk to Glade Valley since they are 10 minutes from home...no luck. If I were a business owner and I was changing locations it seems like basic steps such as keeping an old web site active during transition or forwarding phone calls to a new number would be pretty basic. Heck a hand written sign on the door would work, especially if people are waiting months on end for an NFA item.

That said, I stopped by Engage to look at cans twice and Austin and Andy were huge help showing me different makes and models!
    He had a big break in and theft at the old location. His hours were never the same again after that.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Some people say that Maryland is not friendly to businesses, but I don't buy it.:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I'll missing stopping in his shop on my way to Wegmans. He had some really nice AKs in there pre-SB281.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Glad Valley had been helping me on all my transfers, very affordable and knows their stuff. They are irreplaceable............

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom