• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    I had the G20SF out on Saturday and from the get go, would not feed. It ejected the spent case fine but the fresh round was getting hung up on the ramp. I never had this problem before. My buddy tried it first and I thought he might be limp wristing. I took over and still had the same problem. Any thoughts? Thanks...

American Eagle ammo - used it before with no issues.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Make sure you guys are not touching the mag release or slide release.

Also, is it fairly new? I'd recommend racking the slide 1000 times while watching tv and trying again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    if the mag was ever disassembled it is possible the spring is in backwards- not upside down, but backwards.

Also possible that your feed ramp is not quite true, but I've not seen this myself with glocks as the way the barrels are forged and then hardened usually leaves them incredibly slick and smooth and functional.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    Glock mags. The gun is about 10 years old but when I recently bought it, the transfer shop commented that the gun was rarely fired. The thing that has me puzzled is that the last time I had it out, no problems. Used Double Tap ammo and American Eagle. Also - I haven't taken the magazines apart. I did put a Ghost 3.5# trigger connector in. That's the only thing that changed. I'll put the stock connector back and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Definitely seems like a magazine issue. I had the same problem with a duty magazine and the range instructor told me I was limp wrsiting it as well. The limp wrist excuse is BS. I had him shoot the gun and it FTF on 10 consecutive rounds. He didn't like it when I said I guess we will be doing push-ups together to strengthen our wrist. I borrowed a newer mag and the problem was instantly fixed. Even barely used magazines will present this problem if loaded for extended periods. Springs will maintain a memory over time and weaken the pressure exerted on the follower. Try taking the magazines apart and let the springs extend completely for a few days. This has done the trick for me on a few magazines. If that doesn't fix the issue trash them and get new ones or at least new springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom