• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    BCM will be releasing a new barrel profile along with their new rail. The picture below is their new 13" rail with their new 14.5" fluted barrel and the entire rifle weight comes in at just under 6 pounds. If you used their 10" rail, it would come in at just under 5 pounds.

They will also be releasing this barrel in 16". The barrel is what they call mid weight. It's thicker under the handguard where it matters most and thinner in front of the gas port.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I'm in the market for a rail, looks like a no brainier to me. :thumbsup: Can't wait.

That's how I look at it. It's a no brainier until other Rail manufactures can execute something that's as light.

Not to sound like a crazed BCM fanboy but when you think about it, this rail has revolutionized the rail market. BCM used a mixture of Magnesium and Aluminum in order to achieve the light weight without effecting durability. You will now start to see other super light rails made with the same material. As a rail manufacture, you'de be stupid not to use the Magnesium/Aluminum combination. Everyone want's to remove weight from the front of their rifle. Nobody ever says...."I think I want to add some weight to the front of my AR."

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Yup....Standard will be out in a couple weeks and the BFH version will be out by summer.

Any word on weight difference between their lightweight profile?

How about a 35 pound AR? This is my SHTF rifle and also the rifle I use for home defense. It has everything I could ever need.

I don't see the cat launcher.....so no, it doesn't have everything you could ever need.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This is...exactly what I was looking to make (a lightweight 14.5") with my last pre-ban lower. Sweet.

Link?

I assume it has a a chrome-lined barrel?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    This is...exactly what I was looking to make (a lightweight 14.5") with my last pre-ban lower. Sweet.

Link?

I assume it has a a chrome-lined barrel?

The rail and barrel won't be out until the beginning of January. The barrels will come in standard chrome lined and hammer forged. They will both be available in fluted and non fluted.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Any word on weight difference between their lightweight profile?

I don't see the cat launcher.....so no, it doesn't have everything you could ever need.

They haven't released specs but if I had to guess, the fluted version will weigh the same or a tad less and the non fluted version will weigh slightly more.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom