• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    BJ's Wholesale Club has the 18 Gun Stack - On Cabinet on Holiday sale for $99. Even if you're not a member it is still a good deal after buying the membership which they also have a special on for the holiday season.

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    It's $139 on the website and it said none in stock.

I was just at the Whitemarsh BJ's last night and saw them. Maybe it's a in store sale.

I don't know. Call the Whitemarsh BJ's and ask them if they have any in stock.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    BJs in California MD is SOLD out and says they will not get any more. Where are you guys finding them? Might be worth a road trip.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Dang. That is a good price. I bought the 18 gun cabinet at BJ's three weeks ago for $139 and thought I was getting a good deal. Considering the fact that the BJ's in California, MD is now sold out, I guess I should be happy I was able to get one at the price I did. I am now using the Stack On as my ammo storage cabinet making room for more black scary things in my safe. :D

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The BJ's in Owings Mills has one on display, but the price is $139 ($189 - $50 instant savings - same as online which is OOS).

Maybe the $99 price was a Whitemarsh store special.

Yea, I don't know. Maybe they marked it wrong?

Has anyone called or went there to see?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Stopped at Columbia BJ's on way home. SO 18 gun cabinet @ $139 after immediate discount, In my opinion - it may keep the grandchildren out (toddlers only) but that's about it. At best its a glorified file cabinet with a cheap lock. For $99 bucks, if that was real, okay, but for $139 plus tax, I'll still pass. You could pry it open with a can opener. Three (3) in stock.

However, if anyone is really interested in one of these even just to store ammo, and you are not near Columbia, you can order them here for $131, not tax, free shipping thru 12/31. http://www.wayfair.com/Stack-On-Convertible-Steel-Security-Cabinet-SON1172.html My only concern would be that it will show up damaged?

Last edited:

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Stopped at Columbia BJ's on way home. SO 18 gun cabinet @ $139 after immediate discount, In my opinion - it may keep the grandchildren out (toddlers only) but that's about it. At best its a glorified file cabinet with a cheap lock. For $99 bucks, if that was real, okay, but for $139 plus tax, I'll still pass. You could pry it open with a can opener. Three (3) in stock.

However, if anyone is really interested in one of these even just to store ammo, and you are not near Columbia, you can order them here for $131, not tax, free shipping thru 12/31. http://www.wayfair.com/Stack-On-Convertible-Steel-Security-Cabinet-SON1172.html My only concern would be that it will show up damaged?

That's exactly what they are meant for. Just keeping the kids out. It would probably take a burglar less than 5 minutes to pry one open.

I don't have a huge heavy safe for a few reasons.

1. I keep my guns in the basement and if there is a fire anywhere else but the basement, they will be okay.

2. Safes do not keep burglars out. They just buy time. Depending on how good your safe is, the more time it will buy. I've seen safes that cost over $1,000 fail.

3. I have motion detectors, sound detectors and a camera above my back door. If a burglar get's passed all of that, then he is good enough to crack open any safe I'd be able to afford.

When it comes to the Stack-On cabinets, I would hope nobody buy's them thinking they are actual safes.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Same here a few months ago...:mad54:

It's a cabinet and not a safe so it probably doesn't have one.

Many fires that start upstairs, end up in the basement when the upper floors fail.

I didn't just say this to say it. I know it for a fact. I'm a firefighter in Baltimore City and in the past 8 years I've been on so many dwelling fires, I've lost count. You know how many dwelling fires I've seen where the original fire floor collapsed into the basement? Never. That's right. Out of over 100 dwelling fires, I've never seen it. If it were common, you'd have firefighters getting killed left and right. The only fires I've seen collapses of the first floor were ones where the fire started on the basement and most of the time, it's just a partial collapse.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom