• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    I am tired of babysitting Select-fire during all of my class 3 paperwork stuff, not to mention that they really treat you like crap.

Can anyone recommend a better class 3 in the state of md for me to go through? (besides continental arms)

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I think Rob at Christian Soldier (Parkville, MD) handles that stuff, but how far do you want to drive? (also Rob has odd hours.)

The Gnome

Apr 21, 2008
    Hal at The Armory in Annapolis. He does a great job, knows what he is doing and I have nothing but great things to say about each time I have done bussiness with him! He does a lot of class 3.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Go to Continental Arms in Timonium and ask Jeepdriver to handle your stuff. He knows all.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    cerberus, take my opinion for what it is worth to you. i am a friend of Richard (owner/proprietor of Glade Valley) and he has always treated me well, even before he knew me from Adam. He was pretty patient with me on my Class 3 stuff (i actually own one of the suppressors he makes there at the shop) and since we have become friendly i've worked on a number of projects with him. I think he's great, but again, this is after a few years of knowing him personally.

take my words for what they are worth.

on the other hand, i dont know hal but hear good things. i still recommend GV or Continental Arms. Jeepdriver is a great guy to deal with. i like continental as a range and three (or more) of our fellow members work there. if you have any issues, you can always come to the people at the forums. i've had several people from the boards come to GV for stuff (i'm doing a custom 10/22 rework for one of our fine MSI comrades once his suppressor paperwork comes back) and if you go there and dont see me (i dont "work" there i just happen to hang around a lot) just tell richard that "the collector of fine .22s" sent you and he'll know exactly who you mean.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    +1 for Richard Creager of Glade valley Sporting goods in Frederick. I live about 75 miles from Frederick but I dont mind the drive. Because I know that I am always going to get first rate service.

I have been collecting Class 3 for the last 20 years and have dealt with many dealers. Richard , I would rank #1 in the State.

SCARCQB

Last edited:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Go to Continental Arms in Timonium and ask Jeepdriver to handle your stuff. He knows all.

Thanks for the recommendation!

But, I don't think he likes me. :lol2:

mdsuave13 said:
    Real slick move there buddy. I really thought that us MD shooters had to stick together as the MSP really sticks it to us everyday.

I am not sure why you had to say anything about the gsg-5pk, seeing as MSP was ok with the situation, until someone blew the whistle on it to a high ranking official.:bullhorn:

It was unnecessary to call attention to this situation and purposely sabatoging gun owners and one of the best firearms stores in maryland is pretty low.

me and anyone i come into contact with will never visit your shop. Good call on ****ing maryland gun owners for your own personal reasons.

:asshat:

He seems to think that since I posted that the GSG5-PK was not on the approved list here in Maryland I am evil and by extention that Continental Arms, who I only work part time for, and have no personal financial interest in, deserves to be boycoted.

That's OK though, those who are willing to break the law aren't the types of customers I personally want to deal with.

OH, and I'm not sure what "high ranking official" I contacted. Kinda makes me wonder if MSP is trolling the board sometimes. I guess pointing out the law in a public forum makes me an asshat.

I'm personally ok with that.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

that was a joke right? nice one.:party29:

I'd never go there again, unless of course i needed a TAC-65 on a walther p22...:blah:

I you guys reinforced what others have told me about The Armory. I will try there.

Also, i dunno if arundel firearms and pawn does class 3 stuff anymore, from last i heard, the owner was on his way out of the business to go into retirement... but thats from 3rd party sources.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I guess pointing out the law in a public forum makes me an asshat.

No, picking on 1911s and disrepecting JMB makes you an asshat.

From not meeting you yet and just reading your posts, you seem like an honest and regular guy that a fellow MdShooter woulndn't mind sharing a range or having a beer with after the shoot is over.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    Thanks for the recommendation!

But, I don't think he likes me. :lol2:

He seems to think that since I posted that the GSG5-PK was not on the approved list here in Maryland I am evil and by extention that Continental Arms, who I only work part time for, and have no personal financial interest in, deserves to be boycoted.

That's OK though, those who are willing to break the law aren't the types of customers I personally want to deal with.

OH, and I'm not sure what "high ranking official" I contacted. Kinda makes me wonder if MSP is trolling the board sometimes. I guess pointing out the law in a public forum makes me an asshat.

I'm personally ok with that.

I don't boycott continental arms because of you being a prick. I boycotted them since the day i went there and found them to be first and foremost about making money, rather then helping out a customer with whats best for them.

When you ask a gun dealer a question about which products are better than others (Which of the .22lr semi-auto pistols are better then others and accept a silencer. And what kind of silencer do you recommend?) You would expect an intelligent answer. I got Walther p22 and Tactical innovations TAC-65. Two of the most poor products in their respective categories. They tried to sell me what they carry, instead of offering sound advice. I told the person i talked to what i thought of those particular products, based on unbiased comparative reviews which i had read, and that i was not interested and asked about other products which i was. The salesman was no longer interested in helping me or trying to see if those products were carried by continental arms.

I have no beef with you.(although i do think you are a prick) Its just sad that, for whatever reasons you may have, you feel the need to create more problems for others that are in no way affecting you.(just to be a prick)

With that said, i am not saying anything about my purchase or sale of GSG, as it in no way is anyone on this boards business unless all parties involved were interested in talking about it. Nothing illegal was done, and no laws were broken. As a Maryland gun owner, the fact that a very simple infraction could be the difference between gun owner and non gun owner makes it very simple for me to follow laws. I personally think many things in the maryland gun laws are passed by people who have very little knowledge or education about the subject and make decisions that have massive loopholes (assualt weapons) or are rather silly (10 round magazines for pistols)

I am not sure what happened (or who) in your childhood to cause you to be so ignorant to others (and act like a prick) but i can assure you one thing, i don't go to continental arms and will continue to not refer others there. Not because i think you are a prick, but because i felt like the salesman though i was a waste of time (although i eventually did order a pistol and silencer elsewhere, which brings me here to find a better class 3 to this day)

Oh and btw, I know who you are, i've talked to you in person, and i still think to this day that you are an asshat.

Good day to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom