• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/23/miller-dc-businessman-faces-two-years-jail-unregis/

Looks like someone without sufficient connections in DC is gonna go down for a box of .40 Cal.

I don't repeat the "faces 2 years" because we all know about piling on the charges.

****What a disaster for this guy. Over a box of ammunition. Plenty of real criminals in that town own firearms and ammo, and do what they wish with impunity. Heck, plenty of real criminals make the laws! (Marion Barry, Charlie Rangel off the top of my head..) and seem to be above the law.

Crazy.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Makes me want to stay out of DC. I guarantee you could probably find a stray spent casing or even a live round somewhere in my suv.:sad20:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I will never go into DC. I often find a used brass or shotshell in my car that has migrated either from my basement or gotten caught in my clothing at the range.
    I would have to inspect my car from top to bottom every time. Right now there are two cases of shot shells in the trunk.

Does the Capitol Beltway cross into DC at any point?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I will never go into DC. I often find a used brass or shotshell in my car that has migrated either from my basement or gotten caught in my clothing at the range.
    I would have to inspect my car from top to bottom every time. Right now there are two cases of shot shells in the trunk.

Yes.. a sliver on the Woodrow bridge.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013

Technically but I don't think DCPD patrolling it. I guess if Metro Transit pulls you over on that one little part then you could be in trouble but I highly doubt it.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту

Yes, by the Wilson Bridge, 495 crosses into DC for a very brief moment.

I work in this dump, but never drive. I either take the train or ride my bike from Silver Spring. If I were to drive my truck, I would be violating several laws-

-fairly sure there is a 20 rd AR mag in the glove box
    -probably a few spent shells in the bed/inside
    -spent 12g shell on the antenna. I don't even own a 12g!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've been told that's only at the water level, and that the bridge itself is all MD/VA

Hopefully someone can clarify that for us.

Doesn't really matter.. only few yard of you traveling on it.. ;)
    When the last time you see Dc cop waiting for traffic stop on the bridge anyways.. lol

Mr H

Banana'd
    Doesn't really matter.. only few yard of you traveling on it.. ;)
    When the last time you see Dc cop waiting for traffic stop on the bridge anyways.. lol

Zackly... so brief as to be nonexistent, but someone might be interested in the technical aspect.

Attachments

• mdvadc.JPG
      mdvadc.JPG
      16.2 KB · Views: 788

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    sounds like a good opportunity to challenge registration for possession in DC...criminal charge of possession for ammo against what appears to be an otherwise law abiding citizen so he has standing, gestapo tactics of the police, violation of equal protection under the law...Gregory not charged but this guy is. It's also a simple case as it only involves a box of ammo. Doesn't get better than this in my view for having a sympathetic defendant. I would argue that SCOTUS would rather hear a case like this than a carry case to establish scrutiny.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    A couple years ago in Annapolis when they were discussing some mandatory penalties in connection with some gun possession charges that would apply to an accidental transport error the guy yakking (forget who he was, maybe the State's Attorney for Baltimore) tried to allay fears of law abiding citizens getting swept up in this kind of thing by saying that "this is where our discretion comes in", and that "they had no interest in prosecuting an otherwise law abiding citizen who made an honest mistake".

Would we trust Maryland more than DC??

I'm really sorry for this guy, but this is the kind of case that outrages regular non-gun folks.

hylomar

Feb 15, 2009
    SOMD
    Exactly one month earlier, Mr. Witaschek allowed members of the “Gun Recovery Unit” access to search without a warrant because he thought he had nothing to hide.

After about an hour and a half, the police found one box of Winchester .40 caliber ammunition, one gun-cleaning kit (fully legal) and a Civil War-era Colt antique revolver that Mr. Witaschek kept on his office desk. The police seized the Colt even though antique firearms are legal and do not have to be registered.

One more reason (if you need more) to not let the police search your house without a warrant.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    See here is the problem. And I know one of our resident LE will come in and yell "cop bashing"

The cops should have NOT OBEYED THIS ORDER.

If we cant trust you to not obey something like this and treat a citizen in the way they did then you are the enemy. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom