• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not on the assault long guns list.

Has a folding stock, but no flash hider (so far as I can tell).

OAL > 29".

Sounds legal to me.

(Forgot to mention: I see tons of these for sale as used. I would investigate carefully before buying one.)

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    There's some language in SB-281 that adds to the already banned assault pistol class any pistol with a magazine forward of the pistol grip.

That said, since it's a shoulder fired weapon, it should be fine as long as it meets the length requirement and is not banned by name specifically.

So, it needs at least a 16 inch barrel or NFA SBR 200 tax stamp, and needs to be over the minimum length required, and must be MEANT TO BE FIRED FROM THE SHOULDER.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    that said, I'm not impressed with the weapon. That tilting bolt arrangement seems like it'd be easy to have fouled up.

I've hunted hogs with pistol caliber carbines for years, and .40s the way to go for sure.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    As long as that foot-long fake can is permaently attached, yes.

Dim. / Wt Length open: 34.8"
    Length folded: 26.5"
    Height: 6.8"
    Weight (unloaded w/o accessories): 5.8 lbs
    Barrel: (16:1 twist) 16"

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There's some language in SB-281 that adds to the already banned assault pistol class any pistol with a magazine forward of the pistol grip.
    No, there's not. That language was omitted in the final bill.

So, it needs at least a 16 inch barrel or NFA SBR 200 tax stamp, and needs to be over the minimum length required, and must be MEANT TO BE FIRED FROM THE SHOULDER.
    The factory Kriss Vector SBR does not meet OAL requirements as it is less than 29".

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just for clarification, the OP did not ask about the Kris Vector SBR that has a 24.3" OAL.

SBR%20basic%20LH.jpg

He asked about the Kris Vector Carbine that is 34.8" OAL.

CRB%20basic%20LH.jpg

The carbine version meets the OAL measurement and should be allowed in Maryland.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The USC is going out of production, if it hasn't already. Nice gun for a UMP conversion, though.

I thought I read that somewhere.
    Are they replacing it with something new?
    I used to think it looked dumb but now I like it. Same with the Storm carbine. I don't know what it is but pistol caliber carbines just feel really handy.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My problem with the USC is that it's in .45ACP. You can do the 9mm conversion, apparently, but the price starts ramping up real quick at that point.

I doubt they're replacing it with anything in particular.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I almost bought a Kriss Vector Carbine when they first came out. Manufactured down in Virginia Beach. Cool looking set-up but look at the drawbacks--

1) Expensive

2) Rifle set-up occupies both hands but shoots a slow, fat round that is not good for distance

3) Proprietary set-up so it's not easy to find quick parts or repair

4) Can't carry the Kriss in a backpack when going to the range--so men departing their house and returning the same day with a case or duffle bag can get nosy neighbors talking

My suggestion: Buy a Glock 21 and the 28-round .45 cal mags manufactured by Kriss for their carbines. Here's why:

1) Sweeping your home or crowded property with a Glock 21 is much easier than with a rifle

2) Glock 21 travels in your backpack, so very little attention from nosy neighbors on range day

3) With a 13-round mag, the Glock 21 is a holster weapon, even for concealed carry.... and with the 28-round Kriss mag it becomes a formidable Home Defense/Close Quarter Combat weapon--two completely different set-ups from the SAME firearm

4) Kriss makes their extended mags from factory Glock-21 mags and they are super-reliable--unlike the useless, jam-prone .45 cal Korean mags found at gun shows.

Glock manufactures a 30-round mag in 9mm but Glock does NOT manufacture an extended mag in .45 cal for civilians, meaning the 28-round mag made by Kriss using the factory Glock 21 mag parts is your only good option for high capacity.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I have one; my business partner has one; the business has a full auto model; we have sold many semis.

They are definitely different, but they are a blast to shoot, especially with 30 round Glock style mags. We have found them to be very reliable if properly maintainerd, like any firearm.

I have the semi and the full auto versions and both are a blast.

They are legal and readily available. Want one? Give us a call.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I have one. It has never jammed in the 1500 rounds I have had through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom