• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dc07

May 29, 2014
    Prerequisites Page

Is anyone having issues when clicking on the prerequisites page? I am getting a blank screen. The demographics and questions pages worked without any issues. I've tried multiple browsers, but can't get this step to complete and submit the app.

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    Things seem to be working pretty fast for the HQLs now.

Tuesday Morning, June 17 - Went to the MSP website, setup an account and filled in all of the needed info except for the fingerprint info. Arranged for fingerprint appointment for next day.

Wednesday Morning, June 18 - Went to DMV for fingerprint appointment, they had all the info on where and how to submit prints for HQL and gave me my tracking number. Went home and put that fingerprint info on the application on the MSP website and clicked submit. Website showed "Pending" and said it may take a while before everything is processed. Settled down for a multi week wait for the application to be processed.

Thursday Afternoon (approx. 1300 hrs) - On a whim decided to check the application website to make sure there were no hiccups on the application. The website showed my application was complete and processed and my HQL number was issued and the status was "Active" with a 10 year expiration date.

WOW!!!! Never expected that!!!! No complaints here on the wait time for the HQL!! In fact I'm pretty impressed that it was done that quickly.

Now, if we can just do something about this 7 day waiting period......

robmon

Jul 22, 2013
    Is anyone having issues when clicking on the prerequisites page? I am getting a blank screen. The demographics and questions pages worked without any issues. I've tried multiple browsers, but can't get this step to complete and submit the app.

I am having the same issue. I emailed them I let them know I was having issues and I am waiting for a response.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Just applied today.

A big thanks to Molly's Sporting Goods in Kennedyville for organizing a fingerprinting day.

I applied Saturday.

I just checked, and was approved yesterday. Card in the mail.

That was FAST. Anyone thinking about doing this should know it doesn't take nearly as long as the extended wait to buy a gun we were all seeing last year.

One more shout out of thanks to Molly's for organizing the event, that got me off my butt to do something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I received a letter yesterday stating I had passed the local background check and they were still waiting on the fingerprint check. I had submitted the form to the SP last Saturday.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I got printed and applied last Friday. Went 'active' Tuesday night. Just waiting on my card.

I honestly never dreamed it would go so smoothly.

BTW, Charlie at FYI fingerprinting next to the HoCo courthouse is a great guy to work with!

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Application\License Fee Completed Jun/27/14
    MVA Photo Completed Jun/27/14
    LiveScan Completed Jun/27/14
    Training Completed Jun/27/14
    NICS Completed Jun/27/14
    METERS Completed Jun/27/14
    CJIS Completed Jun/27/14
    MAFSS Completed Jun/27/14
    JIS Completed Jun/27/14
    DJS Not Applicable Jun/27/14
    DHMH Unchecked

Almost there.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I got printed and applied last Friday. Went 'active' Tuesday night. Just waiting on my card.

I honestly never dreamed it would go so smoothly.

BTW, Charlie at FYI fingerprinting next to the HoCo courthouse is a great guy to work with!

+1 on FYI have to say it was quick and painless.

08Nismo

Jul 1, 2014
    Blank "Prerequisites" Page

I am having the same issue. I emailed them I let them know I was having issues and I am waiting for a response.

Newbie here. But I was having the same issue using Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (version 11). Emailed the MSP and they responded as follows:

"The system is based in Internet Explorer. If this is not the browser you are using, please switch to Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer 11 or newer it may be a compatibility problem. From the Log-on page for the site, move cursor to the Control Bar Tabs at the top of the page and right click. Choose “Menu Bar” to expose “Tools” above log-in page. Select “Tools”, then select "Compatibility View". This will allow Internet Explorer to work with the site. If any further assistance is required, please do not hesitate to re-contact this office."

The "compatibility view" worked for me. If it doesn't work for you, maybe ask a friend or family member if you can finish the application on their computer. They might have an older version of IE that will work.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    I just applied today and everything was completed today, excluding DHMH. If this is true representation of my app status then thumbs up. I'm ready to Pick up my glock.

I started my application tonight but I was not able to finish due to some problems. What a piece of garbage web site. Some of the issues with the Demographics page mentioned at the beginning of this thread in October 2013 still exist. The site is really slow and kept timing out. I got some Oracle database errors too when trying to submit the Demographics page.. I don't have Internet Explorer so the Prerequisites page was blank. I don't have a scanner so I can't upload my HQL class certificate either. Too bad the HQL certification doesn't have a number associated with it like the LiveScan fingerprints do.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I went active on the 26th, so tonight i stopped by my favorite gun store with HQL # in hand to start the paperwork on the S&W model 41 I want. Then i found out you have to have the HQL with you to be able to fill the forms out for the gs to fax to the sp. I hope the damn thing comes soon so I can fill out the paperwork and wait my 8 days for pick-up:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom