• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Tavors and Beta C drums.. never say never

I bought a couple of tavor rifles and the 16" Black carbine has been getting a workout while the other one is a safe queen.

I did the quick review of the tavor in a thread that I posted earlier. I may also have given you guys some misleading information. and I am here to make a correction.

After 500 rounds down the pipe and several mag changes. I found out today that the BETA-C mag does work with my Tavor Rifle. Initially, it wont lock up and was too tight. after the break in period.. the Beta C works.

I fired 60 rounds of wolf ammo via Beta C mag this afternoon. It functioned well.No FTE/FTF so far. It will not lock the bolt upen after firing the last round ( this is normal , even with ARs) and it will not fall free when the mag release is depressed.

I wanted to shoot a full drum but i ran out of ammo..i'll do that next time and keep you guys updated of its reliability.

The Tavor/ Beta C is a bit awkward, but not uncomfortable to shoulder. The drum is a bit in the way but does not hinder the operation of the weapon. the balance is also unchanged and its great for firing in the prone position. ( there you go, tavor haters)

There is nothing meaner out there than a Hebrew hammer with balls. tavor and the Beta C......is plain kickazz!

Attachments

• tavorbeta.jpg
      tavorbeta.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 3,432
    Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    If you shoulder the Tavor IDF style, the Beta C sits high enough that it does not really touch the strong hand. Holding it with a chicken wing stance has some issues. but I do not chicken wing.

I wonder if the Tavor works with the 150 round SAW mag? Hmmmm? Inquiring minds want to know.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    there are ways to get a tavor after 10/1. in maryland. legally.

give it some thought kids. study the photos above if necessary, maybe research on the official IWI website a bit.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    18” barrel with a longer flash hider that is pinned and welded should get you over 29".

Not a lawyer or gunsmith, trust but verify :D

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Ran the Tavor with an AAC m42 k can and a beta z. No hiccups. It did not suppress a quiet an a DI AR, but it was quiet enough to not use hearing protection. This set up is slowly growing on me. I like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 731

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I looked like a chinese coal miner after shooting a couple of mags. It had more gas than a college student on a steady Taco bell diet.

But its was a silent fart... The deadly variety that sneaks up on you.

I can imagine.

It'd be interesting see/hear that running the AAC can, have never been around to see/hear a bullpup run a can in person.

I'll pass on shooting it though, being a lefty, that could suck. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I can imagine.

It'd be interesting see/hear that running the AAC can, have never been around to see/hear a bullpup run a can in person.

I'll pass on shooting it though, being a lefty, that could suck. ;)
    Unlike the AUG, it ejects forward. Espeially when suppressed. He extra blowback helps in efficient ejection.

YOu need to shoot it. Then you can like or hate it later.

BTW... Al dropped off the spam can last night. Thanks.. You can PM me an addy or I can give it to Al. Or we can shoot on Saturday at MG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom