• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have the smaller Midway Range Bag. Perfect for one gun or 4 guns. I had the large one and I agree it's too big at least for me.

CPT_Ethanolic

Sep 18, 2013
    I'm hot and cold on Midway due to some of their policies (particularly shipping costs), but this looks pretty nice. Bags are like safes and closets. It is real easy to pack them until they are full.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

I have that same one from Midway and like it. I usually carry two 1911s (.45 and 9mm) and a Keltec 9mm, along with ammo and targets and everything fits no problem. Had it about a year now.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I'm hot and cold on Midway due to some of their policies (particularly shipping costs), but this looks pretty nice. Bags are like safes and closets. It is real easy to pack them until they are full.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

I have this one and I really like it. What's nice is the inner bag. If you just need a small bag for a pistol shoot, just pull this one out and take it by itself. It also includes a spent brass bag, a handy item if you reload.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    That bag's a little big for one gun and the range stuff you need for it. They make a compact range bag that would be my choice.

Most of the bags are in the 16x9x11 inch size or a derivative thereof. I typically take 2-3 pistols, ammo, eye protection, mouse ears, speed loaders, extra magazines and a few tools. If my daughter goes to the range with me I have to add a second set of mouse ears and glasses (clear and tinted). So the "average" bag is fine for just me. I'd only need a larger bag if my daughter accompanies me. Now that I've talked myself through this, I think I'll just buy a second small range bag for her!

This the bag I currently use:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AU6AIKG...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00AU6AIKG

One other consideration, if I had to start over, I'd get a bag that is NOT black. So many guns parts, magazines, speed loaders, etc. are black. They tend to easily get lost in a black bag. Next time I go with tan or green.

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    I ended up going with the MidwayUSA Tactical Pistol Case. Its small, holds exactly what I need for IDPA, and definitely didnt break the bank. Its on sale for 9.99 right now.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/64..._-Service_Emails-_-ShippingConf-_-ProductLink

648356.jpg

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    My range / hunting bags consist of black duffle bags. Walmart. $9.98. Done. I also have a 20" tool box with a tray I keep all my gear and ammo in. I don't need 50 pockets and something that looks like it was made for guns and range. I'm just into practical use and not specific products. That's just me.

I'd just use a brown paper grocery bag, but, those cost too much these days. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom