• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    It is a small store and can certainly get crowded. Luckily there is plenty to see while waiting my turn. Do wish that they had more selection of older guns. They are great with the new ones but I sure would love to find a nice SMLE Jungle Carbine or short Mosin.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    So let me get this straight?

1) 8 day release
    2) solid inventory
    3) fishing gear
    4) BEER
    5) Gas (including diesel)
    6) now NFA??
    7) some reloading supplies

Am I missing anything?

Standing up an applauding!!!

Divorce Attorney services :innocent0

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Wouldn't sell me a gun today because he doesn't understand the new law. I'll never go back there.

OK, you can't leave us hanging like that. Why wouldn't they sell you a gun? They sell to me all the time. Maybe they didn't get word of the MSP waiver on the HQL for guns purchased prior to 1 OCT? :shrug:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Wouldn't sell me a gun today because he doesn't understand the new law. I'll never go back there.
    He's not alone.

Dealers don't have the new apps, the new regs or the new procedures. In light of the fracked nature of this, many (most) are chillin' and waiting.

But MSP has now said we get the reprieve. Business as usual until 30 September. But a gun until then under the current rules. Then the denials.

Shop your FFL tomorrow, carefully.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA

What was the situation? What was his reasoning? Just curious because Ive always had a positive experience with Bobs and feel as though they are on "our side."

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I don't know this dealer personally, but try again later tomorrow when the new info from MSP hits.

Cannot blame anyone for not moving when the state proposes new laws with no regulations and lots of threats behind them. These guys have mortgages and like to live in open sun just like the rest of us.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    I don't know this dealer personally, but try again later tomorrow when the new info from MSP hits.

Cannot blame anyone for not moving when the state proposes new laws with no regulations and lots of threats behind them. These guys have mortgages and like to live in open sun just like the rest of us.

Their FB page says they got the PDF and they are up for usual sales.

Anyone that is interested can see his comments on his FB page, I couldn't copy and paste it from my device.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    OK, you can't leave us hanging like that. Why wouldn't they sell you a gun? They sell to me all the time. Maybe they didn't get word of the MSP waiver on the HQL for guns purchased prior to 1 OCT? :shrug:

Sorry, couldn't get back on last night. Went down there yesterday because I had heard he had something I was looking for. He told me he sold out over the weekend but would have more in a couple of days. I asked about Oct 1 policy and he said HQL required. I said retired military it wasn't required. He replied that only exempted me from the training requirement as per the MSP. I tried to explain that retired was exempt and honorably discharged were exempt from training. He said no. Also told me he didn't attend the training session since he heard from others that different information was being put out at each meeting. Maybe he should have gone and gotten the right info.
    B. A person is not required to possess a Handgun Qualification
    License if the person:
    (1) Possesses valid credentials or retirement credentials from a
    law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or any local
    law enforcement agency in the State;
    (2) Is an active or retired member of the armed forces of the
    United States or the National Guard, and possesses a valid military
    identification card
    Went up the road and purchased something else as my way of saying F***U OweMalley.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Sorry, couldn't get back on last night. Went down there yesterday because I had heard he had something I was looking for. He told me he sold out over the weekend but would have more in a couple of days. I asked about Oct 1 policy and he said HQL required. I said retired military it wasn't required. He replied that only exempted me from the training requirement as per the MSP. I tried to explain that retired was exempt and honorably discharged were exempt from training. He said no. Also told me he didn't attend the training session since he heard from others that different information was being put out at each meeting. Maybe he should have gone and gotten the right info.

Went up the road and purchased something else as my way of saying F***U OweMalley.

Thanks for the update. I would have been chafed too. I have had this very conversation with at least two of Bob's employees who both recognized retired military do not require HQL. I am disappointed Bob did not attend the training nor apparently read either SB281 or the MSP web site that very clearly spells this out. I will have a follow up conversation at Bob's when I do a pickup later this week. I would hate to have to eleminate them as one of my regular FFLs for handgun purchases.

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County
    I tried to explain that retired was exempt and honorably discharged were exempt from training. He said no. .

The part in bold is incorrect. WRT military, only active and retired military (with current ID) are exempt from the HQL requirement (and the training, obviously).

You did post the wording - don't say squat about any honorable discharge.

Just sayin'

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    The part in bold is incorrect. WRT military, only active and retired military (with current ID) are exempt from the HQL requirement (and the training, obviously).

You did post the wording - don't say squat about any honorable discharge.

Just sayin'

OK, here is the link to the regulations in the first post: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=132410
    Go to page 11 of the PDF top lefthand corner section B-2 is what I quoted about active or retired not requiring the HQL at all. Now look at the next column section 29-B-4 under training requirements
    (4) Is an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of
    the United States or the National Guard;
    Honorably discharged are exempted from completing the training requirement but still have to apply and submit fingerprints for the HQL

Marksman

SB281 is confusing to everyone. So basically you're going to talk trash about Bob because he doesn't know every little aspect of a law that's not even in effect yet and that the lawmakers and the MSP don't even fully understand. Nice. Better that you do stay out of my LGS.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    SB281 is confusing to everyone. So basically you're going to talk trash about Bob because he doesn't know every little aspect of a law that's not even in effect yet and that the lawmakers and the MSP don't even fully understand. Nice. Better that you do stay out of my LGS.

I would think that someone who's business was going to be severly curtailed would know as much about the law as possible, especially since such a large section of the population would fall into the active duty / retired catagory down here. You don't have to worry about me darkening his doorstep ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom