• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    Find the best price and don't look back. They are wonderful platforms that can be used for a wide variety of applications, depending on preference. I purchased mine off gunbroker and I love it. Don't worry too much if you're set on walnut vs polymer, it's an easy swap. If you're thinking about it, you probably want it, why deny yourself that luxury?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I know it's a haul from snow hill, but call Duffys. They had some in stock and a number of members have got them there. 8 day release. Great place to deal with.
    Like Boonie said. Don't look back. You don't have a lot of time.
    Btw I have a NM and love it. Out shoots me every time.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Well I've been busy with work and life schedules,but I've been trying to get my ad up in the classifieds and armslist ,I have 3 m1as I'm gonna offer up for sale,national match loaded stainless,scout,and Socom16,placed couple ads this week for the first time and I can't get the pictures to upload,but gonna try and get them up on Wednesday.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just talked with a buddy who has a SA Loaded. He loves it, but he said it was bit harder to find accessories that fit the Loaded compared to a standard.

Is the extra cost for the Loaded worth it? I'd like to set one up for long range, but not make so heavy it's only good on a bench.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    I just talked with a buddy who has a SA Loaded. He loves it, but he said it was bit harder to find accessories that fit the Loaded compared to a standard.

Is the extra cost for the Loaded worth it? I'd like to set one up for long range, but not make so heavy it's only good on a bench.

Loaded is the same as the standard except different barrel, trigger, flash hider, and NM sights.

What "accessories" can't go on one or the other? I think you're friend might be confusing one with the SOCOM or scout squad, which have rails.

And about weight, have you carried one? Its no AR by any stretch of the imagination even when new and unloaded.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

That is the ONE thing that I don't like about my beloved M1A.

Without a magazine, my M1A weighs a couple of ounces less than 15 lbs!!!!
    (It's a good thing my youngest son is young and strong. He'll have to be my weapons bearer, if we ever have to 'bug out'!) :)

The Kreiger Heavyweight match barrel weighs this rifle down!!!!

That's one reason I've wanted to buy a Scout/Squad.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm looking for the best comprimise between weight and accuacy. I'd like to be able to take it hunting without having to hire a Shearpa to carry it around for me. I'm not getting any younger. So after I add an optic and a bi-pod, I'd like to be closer to the 10 lb mark than the 15 lb mark. If possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom