• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I realize that some already know this, but for everyone else... The BCM Gunfighter charging handle and Magpul B.A.D. lever combo is amazing! Pictured below is how they look on my "Frosh-u Owe'Malley" dissy build:

20130728_195521-1_zps5a724936.jpg

20130728_195547-1_zpsc559ac95.jpg

After spending some time on the range with both of them today, I am a fan. The combination allows you to run your AR in a much more fluid and efficient manner. Your right hand stays on the fire controls at all times and the stock stays on your shoulder. The large (mod 3) charging handle latch allows you to use the palm of your left hand to charge or clear the gun. And the B.A.D. allows you to use your right index finger to drop or lock open the bolt while maintaining your grip. I was never formally trained on the AR platform, but the charging/clearing/bolt locking manipulations have always felt clumsy to me. And while I have always liked shooting the AR, these upgrades truly make shooting feel more natural. Also, these upgrades do not effect the firearms ability to be manipulated the "old" way. Right hand charging and left hand bolt releases are possible if someone unfamiliar with the upgrades is shooting.

This is an easy way to upgrade your AR and streamline your shooting for >$100. If you are on the fence, I say go for it!

Now that I have my perfect AR setup, tis time to start thinking about a carbine class... :-D

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I installed a B.A.D. on my ar and I couldn't get the bolt to lock. I have a tactical inovation lower. I don't know if it was the lever or if it was the receiver. I don't think I will ever put a B.A.D. on any of my ar . I do love the bcm gunfighter charging handle.:thumbsup:

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I installed a B.A.D. on my ar and I couldn't get the bolt to lock. I have a tactical inovation lower. I don't know if it was the lever or if it was the receiver. I don't think I will ever put a B.A.D. on any of my ar . I do love the bcm gunfighter charging handle.:thumbsup:

I have a Tac Inc lower and bad lever and they work great together. Must be an isolated issue.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    BCM Gunfighter CH GOOD!
    Magpul B.A.D BAD

J/K... It's not bad. I just couldn't get used to it. I'm more proficient without out but I know some love them. On the other hand, the BCM Charging Handle is the only CH I will run.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The MagPul BAD is nice and great for the money. I like the one piece Phase 5 but it is much more pricey. As for the charging handle the one you got is the best non ambi one I have used.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    As a lefty, the B.A.D. just doesn't work for me. It's just in the way.

The Gunfighter's are definitely money well-spent though. Even more so if you opt for the Ambi Gunfighter, as I have started to replace all my previous handles with the Ambi's.

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    I love the bad lever, weird when I shoot lefty though but it doesn't really get in the way. I have a bcm mod 4 handle and like it. I have a Ranier raptor ambi and like that one more though.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I just got the BCM Gunfighter Ambi charging handle. I love the thing...makes it so much easier and more fluid than the stock, non-ambi charging handle.

And yep, I'm lefty.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Does the MAGPUL B.A.D. work well with the S&W M&P 15 SPORT rifle? Or are there problems?
    Thanks!

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple