• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    But they did not, that's not in the bill and like I said I don't remember seeing anything like that in the bill... If its in it someone show it to us. This is just a rumor without the proof

Yo, Bro, I'm on your side. I'm throwing the B*** S*** flag on this one.

The active viewer list is getting loooooooooong on this thread!!!

Anyone think Sling Blade is sitting back, drinking an ice-cold Natty, and laughing his ass off. It's not against the law to post B*** S***.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    But they did not, that's not in the bill and like I said I don't remember seeing anything like that in the bill... If its in it someone show it to us. This is just a rumor without the proof

These gun store rumors really make my blood boil! If you hear something at a gun store or something of the sorts, post a question about it, don't state it as fact and get everyone worked up over nothing! ARRRGGGG!!!

Feb 28, 2013
    Anyone think Sling Blade is sitting back, drinking an ice-cold Natty, and laughing his ass off. It's not against the law to post B*** S***.

Dude, I am DEAD SERIOUS. Dan at GC looked right at me when he said it himself.

I would NEVER post something like this as a joke.

I ain't too god damn happy about it either.:mad:

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Dude, I am DEAD SERIOUS. Dan at GC looked right at me when he said it himself.

I would NEVER post something like this as a joke.

I ain't too god damn happy about it either.:mad:

Well then someone is getting a call on Monday, to see how they came upon this information SPECIFICALLY! So it's Dan @ Gun Connection, right? I'll be nice and polite, I swear! Please confirm.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I thought I saw this somewhere around here but I can't find it now.

I stopped in Gun Connection today and got some very bad news. Apparently it's worse than we thought. After Oct. 1 any currently regulated firearms, with the exception of handguns are banned, the MSP becomes the POC for ALL firearms in MD.

So in other words, with the exception of handguns, anything currently regulated will be banned. And anything currently NON-regulated, becomes regulated.

:wtf::banghead:

If that is indeed true, I guess we can expect the registration/finger printing/training to apply also...

Feb 28, 2013
    Dude, I believe you. It's the story I don't believe.

Not now anyway. I've had too nice a day for this.

Goos-Fra-Baaa!!!

That makes two of us. Just what I didn't need. I Had a nice day of big truck truckin' today, only hear to hear that while I was out shopping for a holster for my Glock. :sad20:

Im wondering whether this change has anything to do with SB281. I dont recall seeing anything like this in the versions of the bill I saw. Admittedly I might have been too pissed at the whole thing to catch a carefully placed sentenced in the bill pertaining to this... Im wondering if there is some other law on the books that allows MSP or some other Md govt entity to select who handles the background checks for the various firearms categories.

Last edited:

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    It is not in SB281 . They can try whatever they want then it is up to someone to sue them to prove it is illegal/unconstitutional .

And they WILL try and get away with what ever they want .

Yall need to stop directing your anger the dealers in MD and direct it towards the people that are causing the problems .

Do you think the dealers are enjoying this ? they have more pressure on them then any of us do . They have families to take care of just as the rest of us do and MANY of them will likely be out of business within the next 6 months to a year .

Feb 28, 2013
    Do you think the dealers are enjoying this ? they have more pressure on them then any of us do . They have families to take care of just as the rest of us do and MANY of them will likely be out of business within the next 6 months to a year .

I'm sure that's part of the plan. The banned list makes up a substantial portion of the small shop's business, and I don't think for a second that the powers that be don't know that the small shop will not survive selling only Fudd guns (excuse the terminology but I didn't know how else to describe it).

The likes of Bass Pro and Cabela's have sales of things other than firearms to keep them afloat, so they don't have to sell anything scary looking.

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Just as an FYI - this is not the only thread on the issue. Someone from Constitutional also posted, in their IP forum, about hearing the same thing from an MSP rep while discussing another issue. I am on my phone at the moment, so I cannot link here; but, that makes at least two dealers that have intimated similar comments about this issue.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Just as an FYI - this is not the only thread on the issue. Someone from Constitutional also posted, in their IP forum, about hearing the same thing from an MSP rep while discussing another issue. I am on my phone at the moment, so I cannot link here; but, that makes at least two dealers that have intimated similar comments about this issue.

It has been linked in post 32 :thumbsup:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Buttttttt ftf sales are still good to go...this sounds like a job for mdshooters classified section! Looks like the second hand long gun market is about to do well. I still want this fact checked, not buying it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom