• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    My wife has been complaining about the smell of Hoppes and I'm tired of cleaning my guns after she goes to bed..... Where in the area can you purchase Frog Lube either individually or in one of their kits? I'm in Westminster so I didn't want to aimlessly drive around today ----

Thanks for saving my marriage........

RP

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    My wife has been complaining about the smell of Hoppes and I'm tired of cleaning my guns after she goes to bed..... Where in the area can you purchase Frog Lube either individually or in one of their kits? I'm in Westminster so I didn't want to aimlessly drive around today ----

RP

You can buy it from brownells.com.

Plainolme

Sep 16, 2010
    Severna Park, MD
    I was trying to find Frog Lube no too long ago an I never found a local source with it in stock. I have seen it at Delmarva, might be worth the excuse to head over there...
    If you are looking for something scent free you might want to try FireClean. I picked up a bottle a few weeks back and it has really impressed me. I bought mine at Engage Armament.

jthoma24

Jul 25, 2012
    Arnold, MD
    I was trying to find Frog Lube no too long ago an I never found a local source with it in stock. I have seen it at Delmarva, might be worth the excuse to head over there...
    If you are looking for something scent free you might want to try FireClean. I picked up a bottle a few weeks back and it has really impressed me. I bought mine at Engage Armament.

Bought it online. I don't think I will ever switch back.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Bought mine from Freestate, not sure if they have any left though... might wanna call first to make sure they have some left.:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Spatha

Sep 17, 2011
    AA County
    I ordered mine from amazon (free shipping). It really does a good job on carbon removal. I plan on sticking with it for a while. All the non-toxic hoopla and the minty fresh smell give it a pretty high CDI factor as well.
    My former go to stuff was FP10 or Balistol for oils and Wilson lithium grease.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

RP

Amazon.com

J

J. Wyatt

they where at a few gun shows I've been to. Blue Spoon Distribution, inc. 's dealer locator didn't show any in md.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have plenty, kits, fluid, paste, single use tubes, all in stock.

I picked up some at A1 Uniform after I watched Mike use the solvent to clean a suppressor baffle.

This baffle had years of crud built up on it. Mike had soaked the baffle in another CLP, the crud wouldn't budge. He then sprayed the frog Lube solvent on the now dry baffle and let it sit while looking a price up for another customer. 5 minutes passed and he came back to the baffle. The crude then came off with little effort.

I was sold and picked up a bottle of solvent and clp.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Haven't used it yet but it must be popular. Couldn't find it in any local GS, so I ordered a kit on line to give it a try and got a message saying its on 2 week back order. Hope it is as good as the reports coming in.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I thought I should point out the recommendations of one of the resident gunsmiths on the board.

Clandestine "Don't use dry lubes, Graphite (Bad for Aluminum), Miltec, Frog Lube, Remoil, or run the gun dry. It will accelerate wear, burn off during extended firing sessions (Remoil), promote corrosion (Miltec/Frog Lube/Tetra), or break down (Frog Lube)."
    Bold and red highlight was added.

This is taken from an AR15 cleaning thread http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=122781&highlight=Frog+Lube&page=2

With this said I watched it work on carbon/lead build up that wasn't coming off with another brand of CLP. I have Frog Lube in my cleaning supplies but I don't plan to use it as a lubricant.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I thought I should point out the recommendations of one of the resident gunsmiths on the board.

Bold and red highlight was added.

This is taken from an AR15 cleaning thread http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=122781&highlight=Frog+Lube&page=2

With this said I watched it work on carbon/lead build up that wasn't coming off with another brand of CLP. I have Frog Lube in my cleaning supplies but I don't plan to use it as a lubricant.

Yup! I have used the stuff as a lube and its awful for lubricant. The application reminds me of Miltec as well. :tdown:

Im using Fireclean now and I must say I am cautiously impressed. I give no endorsement thus far but its certainly a eyebrow raiser on my suppressed guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom