• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi all!
    I just received approval to cut and paste this message from Bob Willick, of Cecil Campaign For Liberty.
    Thank for your tireless effort, Bob!
    Please read and consider attending...and letting your voice be heard!
    Thanks.

Dean

To: "Dean" <>
    Yes Sir! It is always OK to share our emails. Thank you for your support.

In Liberty,
    Bob Willick

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Dean <> wrote:

Bob,

Would it be okay to post this email to the MDShooter's website?
    We would probably gain some serious support there.

Thanking you in advance,
    Dean

--- On Fri, 5/3/13, Bob Willick <cecilcampaignforliberty@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: How will they vote Tuesday?
    To: "Dean" <>
    Date: Friday, May 3, 2013, 9:41 PM

Is this email not displaying correctly?
    View it in your browser.

Friends,

As you know, we recently requested that the Cecil County Council adopt a 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution to protect citizens from unconstitutional gun laws.

We are glad to tell you today that 1 County Council member took us up on our request by sponsoring our language.

The full 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution that was submitted to the council by Cecil C4L will be introduced to the Council next Tuesday, May 7th.

The language that we are supporting was crafted by conservative Carroll County Commissioner Richard Rothschild and the Institute on the Constitution based here in Maryland.

Our 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution will:

•Declare null and void restrictions on registration requirements, limits on clip and magazine size, and ownership restrictions on “assault type” weapons
    •Declare null and void restrictions on the right to carry lawfully owned weapons
    •Support and encourage the Sheriff to defend the citizens' 2nd Amendment rights.
    •Pledge that the county will not assist the state in restricting or prosecuting rights given under the 2nd Amendment
    •Ask that the court educate all jurors about their rights to nullify laws that are unconstitutional--this is known as jury nullification
    So now that we have our language sponsored we're done, right?

All five County Council members will just fall in line and support our language, won't they?

They sure won't! This is only the beginning.

It's one thing to get a politician to sponsor a bill, it's a completely different issue to get politicians to VOTE FOR our bill.

That's why we need your help IMMEDIATELY in calling the County Council.

If they do not hear from you, they're going to throw our 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution in the trash.

Please contact the council via email or phone and tell them to vote YES on Cecil C4L's 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution:

Robert Hodge
    rhodge@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Diana Broomell
    dbroomell@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Michael Dunn
    mdunn@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Joyce Bowlsbey
    jbowlsbey@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Alan McCarthy
    amccarthy@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Tell them to support the full version of Commissioner Rothschild's resolution, known as "The 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution," that was submitted by C4L.

A quick phone call and a short email could easily determine the fate of your gun rights in Cecil County.

After you tell these County Council members to VOTE FOR our language, I also need you to tell them to VOTE AGAINST a resolution being offered by Alan McCarthy.

On Tuesday April 30th, at a Council work session, Council Vice President Alan McCarthy announced that he had, for a 3rd time, amended his resolution opposing the Firearm Safety Act of 2013.

As you may recall, McCarthy's two previous versions included no language that would do anything to protect your Second Amendment rights.

Only after Cecil C4L proposed the language mentioned above, did Alan McCarthy decide to revise his language yet again.

Is the 3rd time a charm?

Nope.

His resolution still falls short in protecting our God-given 2nd Amendment rights here in Cecil County.

McCarthy's resolution leaves out important language including the jury nullification amendment, the police supply depot amendment, and others.

By excluding the most important language McCarthy is advocating for a paper tiger approach to defending 2nd Amendment rights in our county.

Cecil County Campaign for Liberty believes that "We the People" should accept nothing less than the complete version of the language that Commissioner Richard Rothschild and the Institute on the Constitution provide.

Click here to read our language!

As you can see, this resolution is the one that the County Council and the County Executive need to adopt.

Thank you for your support in the campaign to nullify unconstitutional gun laws in Cecil County and the State of Maryland.

For Liberty,

Bob Willick
    Steering Committee Member
    Cecil County Campaign for Liberty

Joe Tropp

Arlen Besel

Greg Meyer

P.S. Don't forget! The County Council will be considering both resolutions on Tuesday, May 7th.

Please contact the council via email or phone and tell them to vote YES on Cecil C4L's 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution:

Robert Hodge
    rhodge@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Diana Broomell
    dbroomell@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Michael Dunn
    mdunn@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Joyce Bowlsbey
    jbowlsbey@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Alan McCarthy
    amccarthy@ccgov.org
    410-996-5201

Tell them to support the full version of Commissioner Rothschild's resolution, known as "The 2nd Amendment Preservation Resolution," that was submitted by C4L.

P.P.S. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, May 8th at 7:00p.m. at the North East Chuckhouse located at 2240 Pulaski Highway, North East, MD.

http://cecilliberty.org/liberty-votes/

www.CecilLiberty.org

cecilcampaignforliberty@gmail.com

Click Here to Join Our Facebook Group

Copyright © 2013 Cecil County Campaign for Liberty, All rights reserved.
    You have been added to our contact list
    Our mailing address is:

PO Box 794
    Aberdeen, MD 21001

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    vote is tonight at 7pm going to try and make it if my train ain't late :D

Macsti

Jul 8, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    It's actually pretty funny the Cecil County Campaign for Liberty is based in Harford County. I will be making some calls tonight ;)

agstevens05

Jan 24, 2013
    We need to try to get this passed along to all other counties. Well except for the ones that we don't stand a chance in.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    couldn't stay for the whole thing getting late and there's a lot of people on welfare are depending on me to get up for work . I have the resolution and it will say (if passed) to support the referendum

it passed with no votes against :) guess the powers that be want us to be FOR a referendum

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    couldn't stay for the whole thing getting late and there's a lot of people on welfare are depending on me to get up for work . I have the resolution and it will say (if passed) to support the referendum

it passed with no votes against :) guess the powers that be want us to be FOR a referendum

Politicians are very smart and usually right (said no person ever)

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I can definately get behind a county by county nullification attempt, even if the state tries to force preemption it at least serves to prove the depth of the divide; that the stats put out by the dems about the % that support their laws are blatant lies.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Parrot came out against a referendum. Did he change his tune? I think Smigiel is a good guy, but believe he is wrong on this one.

but the anti referendum people say the powers that be are against it but they use Neil Parrot as there guide

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Sad that I just heard about this. Too late to write to reps I guess. The C4L one didn't stand a chance I guess.

What are the ramifications of this passing? How does a county law trump state law?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom