Worlds most expensive AR (Value - $136k)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Mehh. Probably pulled that much because of the charity associated more than the rifle.

To me looks ugly, regardless of the amount of work and craftsmanship that went into it.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    imho they did a cruddy job on what could have been a really cool project. what turns me off is the break, delta ring, charging handle, trigger guard, and the rest of the exposed lpk. why couldnt they improve these things? why couldnt they have a machinist make some custom parts with a flare? or pay the 10 bucks and put on a seekins mag button and bolt catch etc. that just pisses me off.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    1. Pay $136k on AR you'll never fire
    2. Have shipped to MD FFL
    3. Pay transfer fee
    4. Wait 2 months

lulz

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I appreciate the craft that went in to making that gun...but am one of those rambunctious youngins that has a hard-on for things like this...

http://nemoarms.com/worlds-titanium-ar-308-rifle-by-nemo-arms-100000/
    Capture.jpg

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    imho they did a cruddy job on what could have been a really cool project. what turns me off is the break, delta ring, charging handle, trigger guard, and the rest of the exposed lpk. why couldnt they improve these things? why couldnt they have a machinist make some custom parts with a flare? or pay the 10 bucks and put on a seekins mag button and bolt catch etc. that just pisses me off.

Damn. I guess I didn't really look well enough at first. I just noticed all of those things you brought up and your right. Why wouldn't they have customized those parts. Can't believe they put a Magpul trigger guard on that. I do like the work done to the receivers and wood but they half assed that rifle.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    “Our objective in creating the TAR-10 was to show that the AR platform is more than just a military rifle."
    These guys aren't too aware of what a military rifle is. And for knowing that 80k was plausible, I think they could have spent more attention to function details not just the exterior.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At first look, it looks nice IMO. The color-case hardening, the walnut and inlay/scrollwork is something you don't see on AR's. I actually don't dislike the overall look.

But for the price it went for, No. That was definitely more the charity the rifle was tied to, than the rifle itself.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Doug Turnbull does amazing work but case colors belong on lever guns old pumps and revolvers not ARs .

I sent them a request for a quote to have a old 1890 restored got back a $4000 and 10 month quote . Like I said they do amazing work but your paying allot to have Turbull's hands touch your firearm.

There is a shop in PA called Tropps they are a stocking dealer for Turnbull , beautiful stuff.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wow, not what I would spend my money on but I like the statement they are trying to make.

I suspect that one will never be fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom