• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The first thing that will happen is a confrontation at the City limits with the Local LEOs...

And then the Secret Service will get involved followed by the US Military...

and...

THEN...

ALL HELL will be reported by the OWE'Bammy FAN CLUB that we all know and loathe, AKA the MSM.

That will get used to fill the MSM Shows and Tabloids for weeks as they use the carnage to paint ALL gun owners as Terrorists and ANTI AMERICAN Cell Groups. :mad54:

And Kokesh can report back to his mother country that their finances were well spent to cause the act that GIVES OWE'Bomination the excuse he wants to declare MARTIAL LAW and begin the great confiscation. :tdown::mad54:

Or... folks can use some of their God given Brain Power and STAY as far AWAY from this ******** as humanly possible! :cool:

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I don't think I'll be taking the kiddos down to see the fireworks after all. Thanks to the OP for the heads up. This CAN'T end well.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Yes, we should all be pissed. There has to be a line in the sand.

That still doesn't mean it's time to start ARMED marches on DC. IF this actually happens, the idiots that participate will give the anti's the fuel they need to screw us ALL over.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN

We aren't going to scare anyone into changing the laws. Therefore this March seems to be self serving ignorance. I find it hard to believe this guy is on our side by any standards.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    That still doesn't mean it's time to start ARMED marches on DC. IF this actually happens, the idiots that participate will give the anti's the fuel they need to screw us ALL over.

Theyve got fuel. But this will just be dumping it all at once. Im with you, bad news all over it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't think I'll be taking the kiddos down to see the fireworks after all. Thanks to the OP for the heads up. This CAN'T end well.

This won't be an issue. Avoid it because you have to get your spot at 10am for a 9pm show on one of the hottest days of the year with no shade.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    This won't be an issue. Avoid it because you have to get your spot at 10am for a 9pm show on one of the hottest days of the year with no shade.

I have a lay down yard on the edge of Anacostia park. I planned on using that for parking as I can unlock it and pull in, if I will be able to see the show from there.. Getting home will be the issue.

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    Finally found the Facebook group. It doesn't look like Adam is promoting it at all via his other Facebook pages or YouTube channel.

Open Carry March in Washington DC
    https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/

768 Going
    759 Maybe
    19,771 Invited
    (after less than 48 hrs)

My OP quoted Salon that quoted his FB page for the event. He left some important stuff out and as some have pointed out, a couple of other things should be emphasized. To Witt:

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

You are welcome to attend unarmed as a supporter, or armed with a recording device.

We especially invite law enforcement officers to stand with us armed however they feel is appropriate.

If this page gets to 10,000 attendees by June 1st, & we have the critical mass necessary to pull this off, (1,000 actual attendees) we will march. Please spread the word, share this event, & invite all your friends.

This spins it a little differently, and it might be a good event. A good statement.

This could be defused a lot if the perception went from 1,000 guys with AR's to a more pedestrian "riotous mob". As in encouraging people to bring things other than "evil looking black rifles" (but bring some of those too!). The more .22 plinkers, skeet shotguns, hunting rifles and so on the better. The ideal crowd would have a good percentage of guys carrying flintlocks and ideally in period costume. A platoon or two of kneebiters armed to the teeth with Hello Kitty bubble guns, NERF guns, squirt guns, super soakers, poptarts, BB and pellet guns and spit wad shooters along with spouses - the more knocked up and showing, the better! Oh yes, I forgot one of our most powerful weapons that he's asked for lots of to show up: VIDEO CAMERAS!

The feds wouldn't DARE to fire on such a group...

What I think is going to happen is that the gvmt will freak, put up a huge show of military force at the bridge - troops, tanks, .50 call machine guns, SWAT, riot cops, FBI HRT, SS, DHS - the WORKS! Then as Adam has stated, the protest will turn around and peacefully leave. There will be lots of footage of an over-reaching police state and it will be a general "win" for firearms rights in public opinion.

Does anyone know of the legality of where a territory begins and ends when it concerns a bridge separating geographical boundaries? Is it exactly half way or is it when you step foot on the bridge with a no mans land in between? I suspect it would vary. What's the situation on that bridge?

I can see a scenario where the protest group is ambushed from behind and herded into individual arrest processing. The waiting line being the bridge.

Are they thinking of stopping traffic on the bridge or using pedestrian walkways? Makes a difference. Which way are the cops thinking? This could seriously backfire on their part...

Should the authorities let the protest into the city (doubtful), there will be so many ppl in the city due to the holiday that they wouldn't even think of it due to collateral damage. The SS will get their panties in a wad when they are around certain buildings....

I think marching into DC and finding the closest local park or at most the far end of the reflecting pool for a rally (without a permit), then turning around and leaving would be more reasonable. Safer for all involved.

I can foresee some problems with this exercise... Specifically:
    CHAMBERED ROUNDS! - and poor trigger/safety practice...
    A DC news guy showed a 30 round mag on TV a bit ago, and possession is a big no, no... SHTF! Consideration for ppl walking over the bridge.
    The possibility of hot heads or agent provocateurs wanting to start trouble.
    Lack of focus on media and medic considerations??? This isn't spreading as well as it should be...

-t

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There is one coming up, but I don't think you are going to like it...

A march on Washington with loaded rifles
    http://www.salon.com/2013/05/03/a_march_on_washington_with_loaded_rifles/

-t

One guy carrying a loaded rifle through a dangerous neighborhood is self defense.

1000 unarmed individuals marching in protest guarded by people with loaded rifles is also self defense.

1000 guys with loaded rifles marching through DC is a small army. This has "NRA attempts coup d'etat" headline all over it. Or white supremacists, or something like that.

This is not a "non-violent protest" in my mind. This is an invitation for the National Guard to put down an "insurrection."

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Does anyone know of the legality of where a territory begins and ends when it concerns a bridge separating geographical boundaries? Is it exactly half way or is it when you step foot on the bridge with a no mans land in between? I suspect it would vary. What's the situation on that bridge?

As a Maryland/Virginia border, the Potomac river is in Maryland. During colonial times, the the river was decreed as being part of Maryland, and this has been upheld by courts regarding disputes over water rights and other issues. Technically, the entire river up to the high tide mark on the Virginia side is in Maryland.

Since the lands comprising DC, including a portion of the river, were donated to the Federal government by the state of Maryland to form the Nation's Capital, one would suspect that the same status applies to the river as a border between DC and Virginia. That being said, as soon as you set foot on the bridge in Virginia, you are probably legally in the District of Columbia.

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Finally found the Facebook group. It doesn't look like Adam is promoting it at all via his other Facebook pages or YouTube channel.

There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

The feds wouldn't DARE to fire on such a group...

-t

Yes, they would. This is not "peaceably assembly" this is an army marching through the streets that has right-wing fascists written all over it. This is an invitation for the DHS to bring out their tanks and arrest 1000 terrorists or insurrectionists.

Anyone who gets shot or jailed will likely receive very little sympathy from either the right or the left. Or me.

I dont know about VA, but I am sure in MD protestors must be disarmed.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I have mixed feelings. In some sense I think seeing dhs etc put up a military stance would be good for our cause if the protestors just stayed in va. I think entering DC would be disasterous.

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton

We're all ready screwed. I won't be joining the march though

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013

What about Pro 2A standing in line shoulder to shoulder at the VA line in protest of this Bonehead. It will show that there are peaceful people supporting 2A, responsible, and willing to work within the process to restore our rights. Everyone has their own line in the sand. I agree we are not at the point and hopefully we won't need to be, and this is some guy looking for a fight. I understand the intent, but just like a bill in the Senate about repealing Obamacare & All anti 2A legislation...it's DOA.

The sad thing is that it would look like infighting between 2A supporters.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Many great Americans in our History we call heroes, were fanatics and radicals in their time.

This.

I'm not going to pretend to know whether now is when civil disobedience in defense of 2A rights is warranted, but let's remember that Rosa Parks broke the law. There is a time and place in which breaking unjust laws is the only defensible choice.

I would never go to DC for 7/4 (going once in my life was one time too many) and I won't be at this protest, but I will view any unnecessary use of governmental force against these protesters negatively because a rifle slung across someone's back is a threat to nobody. Those that participate may be prepared to be arrested peacefully so as to be the test cases for a new wave of civil rights court challenges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom