I prefer the classic full auto belt fed 1911A1

wall1911.jpg

:eek:
    :eek:

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Skip through the dumb parts, but check out this awesome new fully auto. I really want one.

For some laughs watch the girl get set back a few feet when she blasts the H&K on fully auto :lol:

http://www.transformationaldefenseindustries.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7&Itemid=9

I poked through their FAQ a bit. Two parts near the bottom caught my eye. First, they're looking at using the technology in a .50 weapon :D

Second, they're also looking at a shotgun version too. Just need a 26 inch barrel version for skeet and trap . . .

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Nice concept....

Watch the side by side video and you can see both shooters "lean" into the Kris alot more the the HK. A bit biased...

I wonder how reliable the system is? It seems that the guide rails for the part of the bolt that slides/rotates downward will take alot of abuse and provide a limited life for the gun. Time will tell.

-Boxcab

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    A few things myself and some of my coworkers noted when viewing the video and their brochure.

1. They seem to think firing 6000 without a "major" malfuntion is a selling point. Talk to me when you get to 60000.

2. They don't list important things for us to know, like:
    Weight, Barrel length, Muzzle velocity using specific standard .45acp rounds, ect

3. They don't show an emergency reload. As a customer, I want to know if this thing is as easy to reload as an MP5, or if its a bitch and a half.

4. The standard magazine they show only holds 13 rounds. Will they offer a double stack magazine for a capacity of 20+ rounds without having 8 inches of mag hanging below the gun.

5. Their whole demonstration is at close range. I want to know this weapon's 50-100 yard capability. Part of the reason to carry an SMG is to extend your capabilities beyond a standard pistol.

6. Is it easily dissasembled without tools?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    It looks like it may use Glock magazines, based on the see-through diagrams. The lips of the magazine, and placement of the notch for the mag catch, as well as the design and placement of the mag catch all resemble the Glock design. I know there are 13-rd .45 cal mags for the Glock 21.

However, there are no hi-cap Glock .45 mags that I know of.... so it might be a proprietary design.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    It's not really all that impressive of a weapon to me.

I'd prefer to have the UMP. And the UMP does not rock back that hard. I've shot a 45 UMP and it can easily be contorled on full auto. They were very biased in that regard.

And with the current trend of going to the 5.56mm round, why take the time to develope a new sub gun?

More and more LE agencys are going to the AR platform, while there are still agency's out there using the MP5 and UMP, if they switch to something new, it would mosy likely be a AR or G36.

I had a Federal Protective Service guy at work last week with his new Colt 11.5" AR with Burst trigger (not shooting it, just showing it to me) He was replacing his MP5 (which he said he misses).

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    And with the current trend of going to the 5.56mm round, why take the time to develope a new sub gun?

I agree about sub guns being shoved aside, but I think the trend is actually going back to something more powerful than the 5.56. This could be the 6.8, but I'd personally like to see (and push for) the 7.62

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I agree about sub guns being shoved aside, but I think the trend is actually going back to something more powerful than the 5.56. This could be the 6.8, but I'd personally like to see (and push for) the 7.62

I agree I would like a rifle with a little more stopping power but Im kinda holding out to see wich new round rises to the top. In addition to the 6.8 SPC there is also the 6.5 Grendal. I would like to see which one becomes the standard before I go all in. (Although I am excited about building a 6.8 from the ground up. :gun7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom