• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeFly

Sep 16, 2012
    Carroll County
    Nice job summarizing the process!!! I do have some thoughts on how to make it even easier and faster for people to act but I am not sure how to pull this off. There are just under 200 senators and delegates. Just for the sake of example, if we say there are only 50 donors to each, that is 10,000 points of contact (200x50). It's likely a lot more. Is there a way to assemble a database and put it online each of us here can quickly get the contacts for the target. I know how to do this in Excel but downloading the information and sorting through it all for each delegate and senator is a very very large task. Anybody have any ideas?

If we make it easy for people to contact donors, we can have a huge impact in a very short time and scare the daylights out of some of our "friends" in Annapolis:thumbsup:

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Nice job summarizing the process!!! I do have some thoughts on how to make it even easier and faster for people to act but I am not sure how to pull this off. There are just under 200 senators and delegates. Just for the sake of example, if we say there are only 50 donors to each, that is 10,000 points of contact (200x50). It's likely a lot more. Is there a way to assemble a database and put it online each of us here can quickly get the contacts for the target. I know how to do this in Excel but downloading the information and sorting through it all for each delegate and senator is a very very large task. Anybody have any ideas?

If we make it easy for people to contact donors, we can have a huge impact in a very short time and scare the daylights out of some of our "friends" in Annapolis:thumbsup:

Extracting the entire database now (1.69 million records for contributors in MD), will see what I can assemble - I'm thinking a wiki might be the best way to handle a distributed project like this.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    I have years 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 in a database.

Link below is a proof of concept wiki containing a single senator, if you click on the name it will bring you to a page containing a sortable table of all businesses which contributed to them in years 2010-2013. Each contributor can then have their own page for contact info, some of the names were truncated in the original data source.

http://www.roksao.com/index.php?title=Maryland_Senate

Currently an account is required to make changes, and accounts are by invitation only, can change these restrictions if this something that will actually be used. Assuming most legislators only have one or two committees receiving funds for them, it should only take a few days of my spare time to populate tables for all legislators.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Interesting to see how much loot these folks get. Why do they need so much money if they're running unopposed? Where does it go? What do the donors get for their donations?

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    A wiki would be awesome. I've been approached by organizations outside of MD that would LOVE to help contacting donors. However, we will get a lot more participation if the info contact info is easily avail and they don't have to search.

I have years 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 in a database.
    Snip
    invitation only, can change these restrictions if this something that will actually be used. Assuming most legislators only have one or two committees receiving funds for them, it should only take a few days of my spare time to populate tables for all legislators.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    We need a few columns added... Contact Number, Contact email, Facebook Page.

Can you do a mass edit, or will we have to do that for each rep?

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    Registered

Another item that we can gather more support with are the voting records of the house and senate. Especially on the recent gas tax, it was 27-20 & I can bet they are the same 27 that passed SB281

*edit sorry posted in the wrong thread

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    We need a few columns added... Contact Number, Contact email, Facebook Page.

Can you do a mass edit, or will we have to do that for each rep?

Phone and email have been added. I did not see a comprehensive list of Facebook pages, so those will need to be added as we come across them.

The Main page of the wiki now contains links to the House, Senate, and all Category pages.

Working on importing the contents of "THE ALAMO -SB281 STYLE" thread now, verifying content as I go along. When an organization has changed it's name, a redirect entry should be created for it (example: Maryland Trial Lawyers Association is now Maryland Association for Justice, Inc. (MAJ)).

MikeFly

Sep 16, 2012
    Carroll County

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom