• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Furthermore, they aren't toys, or food, or something we can get (regulated anyway) ANYWHERE else. They have a monopoly on the processing of these firearms.

When someone is being denied access to a firearm (yes, in some cases their first) for this long,.... it should be a HUGE deal.

I FULLY agree.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Wait time for guns...hell I'm still waiting for my collector letter. I sent the paperwork on 4 January. Over two months later I'm still waiting. Someone made a comment about AL and being able to buy guns and take them home same day. It's true. My mom lives in AL. I talked to her last Saturday-she has just purchased a pistol. She decided that she wanted one a few days earlier. So she went to a store Saturday morning, picked out a snub nose 38 and took it home that same day.
    Back in WA (where I came from last year) with a CCL, WA residents could do that. But even before I had a CCL in WA, I never waited more than 5 days to pick a gun up that I had purchased. Once I had my permit, I was in and out in less than an hour. Too easy. I think a lot of you guys are just so accustomed to having your rights trampled that you're quick to defend these insane wait times. I don't get it personally.
    Funny thing is; I talked to friends back in WA and nothing has changed there other than stores being sold out of a lot of stuff. My best friend said that he hasn't noticed any higher prices on anything and he knows of no instances of wait times being longer (he's a LEO btw). Must be something in the water here.

Good for your Mother, I'm proud of her.

Listen, I personally know a story where there were 2 home invasions relatively close to one another. In each instance an older person passed away.

In the 2nd instance a Police officer went to his rich liberal Parent's house the night of the Home Invasion (they Lived in the same neighborhood as where the invasion was taking place) to give his parents a pistol and a quick lesson on how to protect themselves.

Must be nice to have such connections.

When people die unable to protect themselves, Anti-2nd Amendment legislators must either cheer and jeer, deride the dead.

Or they are sad and mourn for all of 5 minutes, but not enough time to change their ideology.

Also, to not make a false dichotomy, they may do both - they would be sad for an instance but not change their point of view and then when it's learned something about the deceased they reason that - Hey, they are derid-able - they were a Registered Republican, they were an FFL, they campaigned for Such and Such, they worked for an Oil Company, they were Pro-Life, ...

I don't know, Don't attack me, I'm just trying to get into their heads.

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    I hope you are right about the efforts to clear the backlog.Teratos. Bought a pistol 12/28. Not happy at all with the wait. Had a paperwork snafu in the meantime. Had to reboot the process for some reason. Still there sitting at the FFL. Still want to buy a couple of more items before whatever happens.

We "cheerfully" put up with so much here that would be an outrage elsewhere.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope you are right about the efforts to clear the backlog.Teratos. Bought a pistol 12/28. Not happy at all with the wait. Had a paperwork snafu in the meantime. Had to reboot the process for some reason. Still there sitting at the FFL. Still want to buy a couple of more items before whatever happens.

We "cheerfully" put up with so much here that would be an outrage elsewhere.

I suspect this fight will be a legal one. I bought a handgun yesterday, expecting a 45 day wait for it. I am not happy.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    If you know a lawyer who will take it on I will support it,

Count me in.

Maryland is hell bent to finally destroy what is left of the second amendment in this state.

This may upset some, but Maryland is controlled by liberal gun grabbers who care less about the opinion of any of us who are pro gun. With OVER 1.2 MILLION emails having been sent through the AGC alone coupled with the FOP and other groups testifying against the bills they continue to move forward without regard for any opposition and public opinion.
    The pro gun good people in Annapolis are outnumbered by the likes of Frosh and his cronies. They have been chipping away at our rights for years. I have been battling these people since the early ammo regulations passed in Montgomery County.

The only thing they may understand is immediate court action followed by mounting a recall petition against each of them that vote for this pile of dung.

I do not mean to offend any fellow gun owners, but after 30 plus years of this garbage it is getting old!:mad54::mad54:

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    I am in also. Given the anti-gun stance of the State-and the possibility of a real deadline approaching if legislation passes-the motive and case for willful "foot dragging" could be made.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    MD doesn't have recall for political offices

Oh well!:sad20:

I just remember lots of discussion and should have realized that the only way to get rid of some is to vote them out of office.

This gives me a new cause to start writing about. Thanks for the information.!

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    If you know a lawyer who will take it on I will support it,

Count me in.

How do you think bad laws get overturned?
    How do you think cases make it to the Supreme Court?

Be patient my ass... Go on the offensive!

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."
    --General George Smith Patton, Jr.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wait time for guns...hell I'm still waiting for my collector letter. I sent the paperwork on 4 January. Over two months later I'm still waiting. Someone made a comment about AL and being able to buy guns and take them home same day. It's true. My mom lives in AL. I talked to her last Saturday-she has just purchased a pistol. She decided that she wanted one a few days earlier. So she went to a store Saturday morning, picked out a snub nose 38 and took it home that same day.
    Back in WA (where I came from last year) with a CCL, WA residents could do that. But even before I had a CCL in WA, I never waited more than 5 days to pick a gun up that I had purchased. Once I had my permit, I was in and out in less than an hour. Too easy. I think a lot of you guys are just so accustomed to having your rights trampled that you're quick to defend these insane wait times. I don't get it personally.
    Funny thing is; I talked to friends back in WA and nothing has changed there other than stores being sold out of a lot of stuff. My best friend said that he hasn't noticed any higher prices on anything and he knows of no instances of wait times being longer (he's a LEO btw). Must be something in the water here.
    I sent mine in that same day and had it three weeks later. You need to contact them and figure out what is wrong. Those aren't taking that long. (about 4, maybe 5 weeks.) This is the email you need to send your inquiry to--

lauretta.thompson@maryland.gov

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I suspect this fight will be a legal one. I bought a handgun yesterday, expecting a 45 day wait for it. I am not happy.

I don't get it. Why are you worried about your purchase if there is some sort of fix in the works as you intimated in an earlier post? Is there really some imminent solution, or are you just saying that people are "looking at it." Hell, we are all looking at it. Big steaming pile of it. :mad54:

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    When it comes time to actually do some work to protect our rights, this thread gives me a pretty good idea of how many people will participate. Pathetic...
    You know in other states there's absolutely no wait after you pay for the gun? Then you can go to the store the next day and buy another! Imagine that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom