• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I just received this message from a bird flying past my window...any insight?

My concern is that [House] Speaker Busch has appointed several workgroups to try to deal with the Governor’s omnibus gun legislation. The groups are a little bipartisan, but I look it as a potential for being co-opted. Anyway, I am not sure that the workgroups have hit the press and that it has been made public. You might want to turn that wheel if you feel so inclined.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    To be honest, I'm confused as to exactly what they are. I can ask more info. This source told me about Senator Miller not liking the licensing before he announced it.

What would be helpful to know?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    To be honest, I'm confused as to exactly what they are. I can ask more info. This source told me about Senator Miller not liking the licensing before he announced it.

What would be helpful to know?

Are they inter-personnel within the legislature, or are they extracurricular? If yes to the latter, then where do they meet?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I dont think they would be stupid enough to violate Sunshine laws ... but I'm often wrong.

I hear you, man, but hey were brazen enough to disable our forum, weren't they? I'm not chiming in on conspiracies, and perhaps you are correct, but it wouldn't take much other than a casual conversation passed along to the right person. Stupid? Probably not. Bold? ...

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I hear you, man, but hey were brazen enough to disable our forum, weren't they?

While this is a strong possibility, there's also the possibility that the hosting company was the target, that we were caught in a wider ddos, or that anon is involved. That said, the members of DU and DK can be rather savvy and I'm sure they've got members willing to rent out a botnet for a bit.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I hear you, man, but hey were brazen enough to disable our forum, weren't they? I'm not chiming in on conspiracies, and perhaps you are correct, but it wouldn't take much other than a casual conversation passed along to the right person. Stupid? Probably not. Bold? ...

So thats what happen? LOL I was joking about that this afternoon when I could not get on.
    How about we be bold and someone call him and ask him?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    While this is a strong possibility, there's also the possibility that the hosting company was the target, that we were caught in a wider ddos, or that anon is involved. That said, the members of DU and DK can be rather savvy and I'm sure they've got members willing to rent out a botnet for a bit.

DD214 has already confirmed the attack was directly against us, not the host. We were the target.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    DD214 has already confirmed the attack was directly against us, not the host. We were the target.

WTF?

Who would ddos a gun site for such a tiny state? We're Maryland. In the grand scheme of things we don't matter. Like Delaware or Vermont.

This shiz is crazy.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    WTF?

Who would ddos a gun sight for such a tiny state? We're Maryland. In the grand scheme of things we don't matter. Like Delaware or Vermont.

This shiz is crazy.

We're not that little right now(17,000+ members). We(Maryland) are the frontline right now in this battle. It's not coincidence that the Dem. Senators and the President decided to hold a retreat in Annapolis on gun bill day. I wouldn't be surprised to see national media coverage in Annapolis on Wednesday.

Putting the pieces together, shutting us down at the time they did today seemed to coincide with the start of some rumors on Facebook that the rally was cancelled.(which it isn't)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Remember that with NY having passed their bill we're the only state left where there's a serious chance of such severe gun restrictions as we are facing being put in place any time soon. We might be a small state but we still are a state that can give the anti-gun organizations a chance to claim some kind of a "victory" when they go pitching for donations.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I am pissed about the Denial of Service attacks too (and ripping on new members, see the Watercooler).

I'd like to get back to my source within the next day or so, so I can pass information along before the 6th.

Aside from Multifaceted's questions, does anyone have anything else they want to know?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

I doubt Anon was involved, they are a chaotic neutral, so I can't see them being against pro-gun advocates.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Anonymous is hardly the only hacking group out there, just like the Ravens aren't the only football team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom