• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Looks like the senate bill appeared in the house as well.
    The Speaker (By Request – Administration), et al
    FIREARM SAFETY ACT OF 2013
    Altering the authorization for a person to wear, carry, or transport a handgun to be within specified limitations; designating specified firearms as assault weapons; prohibiting, with specified exceptions, a person from transporting an assault weapon into the State or possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, or receiving an assault weapon; authorizing specified licensed firearms dealers to continue to possess, sell, offer for sale, or transfer specified assault weapons under specified circumstances; etc.
    EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2013
    CR, HG, and PS, Various Sections - amended, added, and repealed
    Assigned to: Judiciary and Health and Government Operations

The bill isn't up on the mgaleg yet, so I can't see if the text is the same as the senate bill(sb281) yet.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Are you kidding me? What a waste of time and tax payer money. What is the point of this other than attempting to back door people paying attention to SB281?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It seems to have the exact same summary

For the love of... I will be needing a new keyboard before this is done.

Son of a B!T(H!!!!!

Are you kidding me? What a waste of time and tax payer money. What is the point of this other than attempting to back door people paying attention to SB281?

Guys, this is the basic format in which bills progress through the legislative process. Every bill has to have a hearing in the appropriate committee in the respective chamber in which it will have to ultimately be voted on.

There's nothing unusual here.

Now, there are exceptions to the process, such as when a bill is known to be DOA and there is thus no need for it to be heard in the opposite chamber.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Guys, this is the basic format in which bills progress through the legislative process. Every bill has to have a hearing in the appropriate committee in the respective chamber in which it will have to ultimately be voted on.

Now, there are exceptions to the process, such as when a bill is known to be DOA and there is thus no need for it to be heard in the opposite chamber.

I.e. if we can kill 281 in the Senate, this bill won't matter.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie

Well that is disturbing that "they" dont think that it is DOA. They see it with a chance? Time for another round of emails?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I.e. if we can kill 281 in the Senate, this bill won't matter.

That would be the best case scenario, though I would say "Senate committee".

If it goes to the floor of the senate or the house, we're in trouble. We haven't had an anti-gun bill on the floor of either chamber in nearly a decade if I recall correctly.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks for clearing it up Norton. I didn't want to freak people out, just make them aware that this was there.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That would be the best case scenario, though I would say "Senate committee".

If it goes to the floor of the senate or the house, we're in trouble. We haven't had an anti-gun bill on the floor of either chamber in nearly a decade if I recall correctly.

I was referring to the committe, I just was going fast.

@Doorman: They have no reason to think it's DOA. Both sides of the General Assembly are as blue as the sky right now. I think those writing the bills fully expect them to pass in some form.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks for clearing it up Norton. I didn't want to freak people out, just make them aware that this was there.

No question. Just trying to clear up the idea of some of the new folks that this was somehow a ploy or unusual. :thumbsup:

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    No question. Just trying to clear up the idea of some of the new folks that this was somehow a ploy or unusual. :thumbsup:

Yeah, this helped me out as well as I understood it as another attempt to introduce the same bill. Thanks for the heads up and for all the great info on other subjects as well

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    I do not care what anyone says. The elected in Annapolis are good at screwing the citizens. Expect this to be one nasty fight.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've updated the other thread's first post to note that the House bill is in play (and identical). We can probably lock this one up.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've updated the other thread's first post to note that the House bill is in play (and identical). We can probably lock this one up.

What other thread? Can you get me a link so we can re-direct if we lock this one?

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Don't Overlook this Bill

I just cross-referenced the list of co-sponsors with the list of the House Judiciary Committee: 9 of the 22 delegates on the committee co-sponsored this piece of trash. That's to close to half in my book!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom