• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    While going through the catalog of a midwest auction the serial number of a Star B caught my eye. The catalog stated that it had German marks but after seeing so many fake waffenamts on recently imported Bulgarian Star Bs I had to pull out my reference and check out the SN. Turned out to be a legitimate German issue B, delivered June 14, 1944, one month before deliveries were halted due to the Allied advance in France. A P38 holster was also listed in the lot. The holster looked so good that I wasn't sure it was genuine so bid as if it was a repop.
    When the rig came up the auctioneer stated that he personally knew the consignor who was also the GI who brought it back and vouched for its authenticity. I ended up getting the rig for just under $500 with the buyers premium.
    It arrived today and I think I did very well. Not the cleanest German Star B I've ever seen but it's got honest wear and hasn't been messed with. Some dings and finish wear but the grips are in great condition and the mag is a correct Star marked example w.o. SN. Bore is outstanding, doubt it's been shot much.
    The holster was a very pleasant surprise as it's an original 1944 dated example in VG condition. The bml manuf. code belongs to Hans Romer Fabrik based in Neu-Ulm. Marks inside the holster have me convinced that this pistol is the only one to have resided in it. Makes sense as the holster is dated '44 and the Star entered German service the same year.
    The other item I got was a nice accessory for my RN Webley .455 MKI (N); a pack of ammo dated from the mid thirties.

Attachments

• IMGP6388.JPG
      IMGP6388.JPG
      67.2 KB · Views: 487
    • IMGP6390.JPG
      IMGP6390.JPG
      69.3 KB · Views: 476
    • IMGP6398.JPG
      IMGP6398.JPG
      45.7 KB · Views: 451
    • IMGP6394.JPG
      IMGP6394.JPG