• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    The 2012 NRA Great American Hunting & Outdoor Show
    January 25-27 in Frederick

http://www.nrahuntingshow.org/

Here's what we need...

MSI Executive Members will be the core staff of our booth, to handle interaction with the public, and to provide guidance to the other MSI/MDS members who will be helping out.

We are not going to be able to do this with the usual 2-3 people for the weekend... This will be huge, and we will likely need 5 or more people at any given time.

No worries whether you've staffed a booth before--the big thing is to be up on the issues, MSI's positions, and be willing to engage folks.

Our mission in the past has been focused on carry, as you all know, but that's a very limited scope and may be less than 3% of all MD gun owners. For this event, we are expanding our audience to the rest of the gun-owning community, in an effort to point out that ALL our rights are at risk. Getting the general shooting/hunting/home protection folks on board is critical to the upcoming legislative fights, both in Annapolis and Washington.

We need committments pretty quick, and as soon as we get those (and are confirmed), we'll be well on the way to getting this message out. It's a lot of standing, a lot of talking, but very worthwhile. I've set up time blocks, below, so we can not wear ourselves out (and still allow time to see the rest of the show, if desired).

I'll fill in the schedule as we go.

Friday, January 25, 2013
    1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Mr H, gtofred, Glaug-Eldare, CharlieFoxtrot, 'Darren W', 'Richard J' (Boxcab)
    4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Mr H, gtofred, Glaug-Eldare, Maverick0313 & daughter, 'Darren W', 'Richard J', 'Rick M' (Boxcab)

Saturday, January 26, 2013
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Mr H, gtofred, JavaDan, capman98, jac43k & Son, Crownroyal79, 'Jeff M'
    1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Mr H, JavaDan, Glaug-Eldare, 2AHokie, Gambler, jac43k&Son, 'Jeff M', 'Matt W', 'Rob M'
    4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Glaug-Eldare, Sthomas229, mkbuckingham, PvtHike, 'Jeff M', 'Matt W', 'Matt M'

Sunday, January 27, 2013
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM gprimr1, Bikebreath, CypherPunk, vector03, FrankZ, El Flasko, Knuckle66, 'Carina H', 'John P'
    1:00 PM - 5:00 PM gprimr1, aray, Glaug-Eldare, Crawls, Whiskey, 'Carina H', 'John P', (mkbuckingham) (Keystone70)
    Feel free to jump in for as much as you're able to help with. I'll update this as we go.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wow 2 people.

Might as well just give up now.

People obviously don't care about their rights. Why should we waste our time defending them?

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I'll send a PM with my availability shortly after this post (hashing out the details with the wife on Google chat).

I do have a constructive criticism though.

The title of the post doesn't really indicate that volunteers are needed. I only clicked on it because I like to read all posts, not because I have interest in a hunting or outdoor show. "MSI needs volunteers for NRA Outdoor Show in Frederick, Jan 25-27" might get a few more looks.

Please feel free to disregard.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Wow 2 people.

Might as well just give up now.

People obviously don't care about their rights. Why should we waste our time defending them?

Maybe I'm missing something here, and please correct me if I'm wrong. I received an e-mail a few nights ago with the above request / information. It appears it was sent to all Executive members, and I replied that I, to my knowledge was not an executive member, but that I would help in whatever way I could. No responce, but I'm sure that's just because it's a very busy time right now..

Is this request for executive members; general members or anyone?

MSI's website is a mess as it pertains to donations,and renewals. I printed out the form last year, and had every intention completing it and sending in the donation, but failed to do so... :o Shame on me..

EDIT:
    Never-mind I see it's for anyone..

Mr H

Banana'd
    Maybe I'm missing something here, and please correct me if I'm wrong. I received an e-mail a few nights ago with the above request / information. It appears it was sent to all Executive members, and I replied that I, to my knowledge was not an executive member, but that I would help in whatever way I could. No responce, but I'm sure that's just because it's a very busy time right now..

Is this request for executive members; general members, or anyone?

MSI's website is a mess as it pertains to donations,and renewals. I printed out the form last year, and had every intention completing it and sending it the donation, but failed to do so... :o Shame on me..

Initially, it was to EMs, to put together a core staff of more experienced folks, and now we're asking the rest of MSI/MDS folks to contribute as well, if they can.

Nothing nefarious, I swear!!!!

:lol2:

There will also be many other opportunities as we go through the winter and spring.

Informing people is everyone's concern, we're just making sure we're getting it put together solidly.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    No offense but you folks are huffing and puffing about folks not volunteering at a NRA event in a very conservative part of the state.... where I'm guessing most folks are pro gun if not pro carry.

Seems like a bit much.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    No offense but you folks are huffing and puffing about folks not volunteering at a NRA event in a very conservative part of the state.... where I'm guessing most folks are pro gun if not pro carry.

Seems like a bit much.

Where do you think the support for MSI comes from? The liberals in the state?

Not everyone has signed up- a nice booth, with like minded people to talk to helps rally the like minded to accomplish their objectives.

Mr H

Banana'd

Seems like a bit much.

Understood completely, but here's the rationale...

Only a very small number of gun owners in Maryland are really aware of the bigger picture when it comes to the condition of gun rights in the state.

On MDS, we are better than most in our understanding of it, but the goal in attending this show is all about spreading the word to the folks who have gotten comfortable, or just flat don't know about the coming possibilities.

MSI isn't just about carry... especially now that we're seeing a greater threat to our rights in general.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Understood completely, but here's the rationale...

Only a very small number of gun owners in Maryland are really aware of the bigger picture when it comes to the condition of gun rights in the state.

On MDS, we are better than most in our understanding of it, but the goal in attending this show is all about spreading the word to the folks who have gotten comfortable, or just flat don't know about the coming possibilities.

MSI isn't just about carry... especially now that we're seeing a greater threat to our rights in general.

I went to a gun show in Smithsburg and only had 1 person interested in MSI.

MSI has changed it's mission statement. Our mission statement now reflects what has always been true, MSI represents all gun owners.

Mr H

Banana'd
    New volunteers added... Thanks to all!!!

I didn't receive any MDS names to go with the real names, so if you'd rather the MDS name be used, PM me and I'll change it.

We can still use a couple folks for Sat and/or Sun early shift, at the very least...

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

Seems like a bit much.

This is our target audience! At the Outdoor Expo in So MD most had never heard of MSI. Once we explained our legislative alerts and what we do in Annapolis we gathered a few hundred sigs for our alerts and probably quita a few members. I also think we need to play the MDS angle more. MDS has pretty much universal appeal to shooters and led me to MSI which I had never heard of before joining the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom