• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Caveat emptor!

I don't trust Classic. Been burned before with their pictures/descriptions.

"Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Suggest gun show purchase.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Might be worth the gamble if you don't have one already. I see a price increase in the future on these as with all surplus rifles do over time.

Classic somewhat worries me with the reports i've seen from other members but YMMV.

I won't be ordering one, but thats mainly because I just scored a Puolustuslaitos marked Sako M39 this afternoon for only $300 :D. Keep looking and deals are out there.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Good to very good.

I wouldn't go near them for 350 bucks.

And the answer is yes. They are like night and day compared to a 91/30. The trigger and sights just can't be beat.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Pat Burns' always posted pictures of each rifle she was selling on her website, so you pretty much got to choose the one you wanted. I bought a SAKO from her in April and it was exactly as shown and described. I had wanted to get a VKT and a SKY but I waited too long, pretty shure I am not interested in "luck of the draw"

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Vic from gunboards will stop at nothing to shill for Classic.

From deleting posts and threads where people are only sharing their negative experiences in dealing with classic (I've had this done to me personally), to straight out lying about the condition of their rifles.

He posted this to gunboards, then to Classic's facebook, then Classic copied and pasted it to their M39 advert/description, where Vic claims this is "your chance to own one in AS-ISSUED condition"

"As issued" condition? Really????????? Flat out lie.

Taken from Classic's website:

What you see below is an actual unsolicited comment posted to our facebook page by Jon Thomas - Jon is professionally known as Vic Thomas, Acclaimed Writer and Owner / Moderator of the 2 largest Websites pertaining to all things Mosin Magant in the world. Vic wrote The Claws of the Lion which you can read at the Finnish M39 link above and is considered one of the worlds foremost authorities on Mosin Nagant Rifles and especially the Finnish M39's. ....
    We are honored to re-post this here with his permission. .... Thank You Vic for this rousing endorsement.

Jon Thomas If you don't own one of these rifles or do and wanted another this is a golden opportunity to add another to your collection at extremely competitive prices. These have been selling for 50 to 100.00 more in the past few years and this is a chance that can't be missed. I've collected Mosin Nagant rifles for over 32 years and operate the two oldest and leading websites that pertain to the subject www.gunboards.com andwww.mosinnagant.net and this opportunity can't be missed. These really are the end of an era in regard to rifles being the last of he line. I have many Finnish colleagues who have inquired as to obtaining some of these rifles for their collections as they can't be found easily in Finland any longer. Classic has truly the last of the lot and the best of the lot as these rifles came from long term war reserve storage and were maintained as new in the event they should be needed again. Not until 1993 were they surplused and by 2005 the remaining reserves depleted. These guns have been in warehoused storage since then. If you ever wanted a Mosin Nagant this is the one you should own. I've personally won several CMP bolt action matches with this rifle and placed several other times with it. It's a downright shooter in every respect. Fantastic rear tangent sight coupled with a windage adjust arable protected front sight makes for a fantastic sight picture and very finely adjustable for different conditions. If you love Finnish Mosin Nagant- here's your chance to own one in as issued condition.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I've bought both of my Finn M39's from Dennis Kroh at Empire Arms. Very happy with both. I strongly recommend you get on his mailing list. You'll get a shot at M39's for a fair price sooner or later and won't have to worry about the condition being different from advertised.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I've bought both of my Finn M39's from Dennis Kroh at Empire Arms. Very happy with both. I strongly recommend you get on his mailing list. You'll get a shot at M39's for a fair price sooner or later and won't have to worry about the condition being different from advertised.

Dennis sells nice stuff. You just better hope you're near a computer the second that email goes out, all the good stuff is gone within minutes!

Jul 1, 2012
    I've gone to the link the instant I received that email several times, and at least half the stuff is gone already.
    Either there's some really fast fingers out there, the emails are staggered, or a I have one slow-a$$ed mail server (or combo of all three).

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I've gone to the link the instant I received that email several times, and at least half the stuff is gone already.
    Either there's some really fast fingers out there, the emails are staggered, or a I have one slow-a$$ed mail server (or combo of all three).

That's your email server. I signed up to receive the lists at both my work address and my yahoo address, and I frequently receive the list through my work address many minutes before it shows up in my yahoo account.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    You can also tell Dennis what you are looking for and the price you are willing to pay and he'll hunt for you as he build his next list.

Most of the firearms he sells go out that way.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    You can also tell Dennis what you are looking for and the price you are willing to pay and he'll hunt for you as he build his next list.

Most of the firearms he sells go out that way.

I'm not so sure that he actually follows through on those anymore. I have a standing request, my brother has several standing requests and I have a friend with a standing request, and none of us has ever been contacted and, in fact, one of Dennis' list had a firearm for which my brother submitted a request.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Might be worth the gamble if you don't have one already. I see a price increase in the future on these as with all surplus rifles do over time.

Classic somewhat worries me with the reports i've seen from other members but YMMV.

I won't be ordering one, but thats mainly because I just scored a Puolustuslaitos marked Sako M39 this afternoon for only $300 :D. Keep looking and deals are out there.

Yeah buddy, you stole that one! I keep hearing that all the good stuff changes hands before gunshows open and now I'm without doubt after you told me of this latest score. Good find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom