• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 25, 2012
    Baltimore
    Howdy folks!

In a few weeks, ill be building my first AK variant from a parts kit. As I plan on only building one of these, and the fact that money is a little bit tight with a baby on the way, I was wondering if anyone had an electric spot welder that I could borrow, rent, use on site, or buy at a discount, with which to attach my receiver rails. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am a sworn, uniformed employee of the City of Philadelphia (I'm from Baltimore), so don't worry about some scumbag making off with your stuff!! I'd compensate for the rental in cash or a case of the adult beverage of your choice!!

Let me know if you're able to help!

Sincerely,

Dave W.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Wasn't there an ATF bulletin about the legality of loaning tools to build firearms awhile back?

Yes, but there is some vagueness to it. I'm not a lawyer, but the general understanding seems to be that private individuals loaning tools should not be a problem. It appears the bulletin was mostly directed toward FFL or other businesses who were charging to "rent" a CNC machine with the g-code already imported. Renters only had to push the start button and wait.

The most important part of homebuilding is that you actually build it yourself and do not pay or otherwise have someone do the work for you. If they do the work, they must be a licensed manufacturer and must serialize and transfer the firearm accordingly.

Feb 25, 2012
    Baltimore
    Hey sorry for the failure to introduce. I'm Dave, I am a former baltimore resident with my roots in baltimore county. I moved to philly for work but split my time between md and pa.

As for the build, most of the work will be completed in PA, however I am willing to travel to utilize a spot welder. I have all of the tools and equipment needed to do the rest of the work, but I dont see the utility in buying a $200 spot welder for one build. So im trying to go with a community based approach to getting the rails welded. I just need a tool to use.

Thanks for any help, advise, or support.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom