• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I think I found my first 1911 ... I saw it in CH Magazine's Guns of the Old West.

Para USA Wild Bunch

I know that there are probably better and/or less expensive 1st choices, but I like this one for a couple of reasons.

1. It's a 'movie gun' and I collect on that theme.
    2. It's a SASS and CAS firearm, and has it's own division called 'Wild Bunch Action Shooting'.
    3. It has "Wild Bunch and SASS Cowboy" engraved on the slide.
    4. and finally ... It's a 1911

What are your thoughts on the Para Wild Bunch ?
    Do we have a industry partner who carries it, and what is the price ?
    Does anyone on MDS participate in SASS or CAS, and where ?

Attachments

• Wild Bunch 1911.gif
      Wild Bunch 1911.gif
      14 KB · Views: 196
    Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    In the newstand copy of CH's Guns of the Old West

Looks nice

Have you read any reviews?

The article isn't online yet for me to reference, but it said one thing ...

At my first shot I was reminded why all my 1911s have beavertail grip safeties. "You gotta be tough to shoot Traditional." I've shot many a round through pre-beavertail-equipped 1911s, but shed a lot of blood in the process.
    It went on to reccommend a light shooting glove. ;)

It also said that it was designed in concert with SASS to comply with their rules, so that may explain why it lacks many of the modern 1911 features.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The article isn't online yet for me to reference, but it said one thing ...

At my first shot I was reminded why all my 1911s have beavertail grip safeties. "You gotta be tough to shoot Traditional." I've shot many a round through pre-beavertail-equipped 1911s, but shed a lot of blood in the process.
    It went on to reccommend a light shooting glove. ;)

It also said that it was designed in concert with SASS to comply with their rules, so that may explain why it lacks many of the modern 1911 features.

Was that Mike Venturino writing that? What is it with fat guys with fat hands trying to run an old school 1911? I had no problems running a 1991A1 Compact with a standard (no beavertail) grip safety and I have never bled because of it. :sad20:

Jim

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Follow your bliss but be realistc in expectations that this is a 230 Ball shooter and nothing more.

There are some 1910 and 1911 reproduction guns on the market from other mfgrs too unless you reallly like the endorsement engravings.

Not really a "movie gun" but named after "The Wild Bunch" that founded SASS in California.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Was that Mike Venturino writing that? What is it with fat guys with fat hands trying to run an old school 1911?

Todd Lofgren ... He did mention something about his hands not being designed for a 1911 ... :o

Follow your bliss but be realistc in expectations that this is a 230 Ball shooter and nothing more.

There are some 1910 and 1911 reproduction guns on the market from other mfgrs too unless you reallly like the endorsement engravings.

Not really a "movie gun" but named after "The Wild Bunch" that founded SASS in California.

Yep, they noted that in the article.

What's the 'typical' price range for a plain-vanilla 1911 ? This one's SRP is $789, but I would certainly want to pay less ... cheap as I am. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom