• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Forgive me if this been asked. I mailed out my collector application a couple days ago by regular 1st class mail. How long did yours came back approved?

Thanks in advance!

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I was about 30 days but that was a long time ago as before facebook. Can't even remember what the application asked for.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    C&R or MD Designated Collector?

I did my C&R in October. It took less than 2 weeks to arrive. (Faster than my HQL!) It varies by state, though.

My DC letter took about a month. Mailed in mid-October, arrived just in time for Black Friday.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    About 2 weeks.

2014-10-10-image-01.jpg

flyhimd

Aug 12, 2014
    I mailed mine in on a Friday afternoon, then emailed the division that Monday to see how long it would take. They emailed me right back and said they received and was approved and a letter would come out in a few days. With that assurance, I was able to make a purchase within the 30 days; I should the sales person the email on my phone and they are OK with that. Always have gotten fast response from MSP.

When I got mine (if memory is right) they would process twice a month i.e.If they received the app between Nov.1-Nov.14 they would process those on the 15th and so on.IIRC I was approved in about 2 weeks but didn't receive the letter for another 3-4 weeks.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I applied a few months ago and as I recall it took a little under 2 weeks.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I mailed mine in on a Friday afternoon, then emailed the division that Monday to see how long it would take. They emailed me right back and said they received and was approved and a letter would come out in a few days. With that assurance, I was able to make a purchase within the 30 days; I should the sales person the email on my phone and they are OK with that. Always have gotten fast response from MSP.

Nice to hear that, do you mind sharing that email address?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom